3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

WiFi for your car/truck?? Anyone have this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Cartastic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Autonetmobile router INSTALLED!

Ok so ... I got my router installed and working! Here is my review with the experience so far.

Delivery- Came fast and easy.. I ordered from Amazon.com and the cost after rebate was a little over $200.00 ! $386.94 plus tax with a $200 rebate!

Installation- I had my local stereo store install it under my seat for $50! They told me it took about 30 min!

Performance- I would say Autonet is pretty spot on with what they claim. It seems to work seemlessly while in motion.... MUCH better than my cell card did. I am able to stream pandora without choppyness or lag ... I will say that every now and then you may get a second of hiccup but it's not enough to annoy you.... like once every 30 minutes.
Video streaming also works pretty good... granted it's still a 3g connection so the loading can be a little cumbersome but once it's starts streaming I have noticed very little hiccuping. It's for sure better than a cell card.

Range-Autonetmobile claims you can use it up to 150 ft from the vehicle and I would say this is accurate. I didn't bust out a tape measure but I was about 120-140 ft away with no problems.

All in all I would say I feel really good about the price and the performance... in the long run it will save me money for sure ... my cell card was costing me about $80 per month on average and Autonet is $29 FLAT rate. No taxes, no overages, no roaming.

I am definitely excited to road trip it up now!!!!

Quick Reply: WiFi for your car/truck?? Anyone have this?