3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Funky Electrical

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 12:29 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funky Electrical

Last night I received my HID license plate bulbs from V-Leds, and I installed them. One of them didn't light up, while the other one would. After finally giving up on the one that wouldn't light up, I took them both out and just put the stock bulbs back into the sockets. Of course one of the stock bulbs broke during this process, so I have to buy a new one now.

Anyways, tonight I had to take a 3 hour road trip up to Bar Harbor, and it's absolutely torrential down pouring. For whatever reason, things just started getting weird with a few of my electrical components. For one, my wipers wouldn't go the fastest they could; I had them on the highest setting and they were only going about a 3/4 speed setting. Then occasionally they'd start to act right and go as fast as they should be. Another thing I noticed was my high beams would not engage. If I flipped the lever towards me it wouldn't do anything to turn them on. About 3/4 through the drive everything went back to normal and my wiper blades would go fully speed, and my high beams would work. I just wasn't sure if the HID bulb had screwed with the electronics of the truck or not. Any ideas what could have caused these malfunctions?

Quick Reply: Funky Electrical