3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Got Fender Flares what do ya think??

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:01 PM
RubberFrog
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you're planning on bigger tires, they look good... for now.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:46 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep, with some bigger tires they will look much better.... just some incentive to get bigger tires

Old 08-28-2009, 07:54 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by disturbedgator
I like the black an orange combo you go goin on. bigger tires would even out the color balance imo. what kinda of rims are you gettin? also maybe color match the silver imitation rivets....
Thanks, I havent decided yet I have it narrowed down to 4 different kinds. It takes me awhile to pull the trigger on things like that just because once its done its done.

Originally Posted by inxs_use
I think they would look good color matched. Nice truck.
Thanks, I think I am gonna have them painted.

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Yeah, I'm not really likin the look either. Don't know if it's the tire size and huge open wells or its just the black against your truck color. I think with some bigger meats and color matching the flares, it would look killer!!!
I know every time I look at it, it looks weird. I am gonna go get a quote for paint this weekend.

Originally Posted by Jason D
I can tell you right now that Bushwacker will not do anything about the fitment. Just so happens that their headquarters is like 10 miles from where I live and when I bought and installed mine I had the same issue. Both of my front flares had about 1/4 to a 1/2 inch gap and I was very dissapointed so I called them up. It took about 3 calls to finaly get to someone who could help.Ended up taking it to their shop they pushed the front flush and retightened the cheasy stock screw/clip and said look all better. Well of course as soon as you drive about 5 miles the vibration just rattles it right back away from the fender.

I was not very happy!

So to fix my problem I ended up going to the hardware store and buying six bigger bolts and clips to hold them on. I bought clips that actualy had a nut on them so you can screw them down tight without just stripping out that cheap *** stock clip.

I think if Bushwacker had just put in $3 worth of hardware to mount the front flairs the world would be a much better place!
That is ****ty, I only have a problem with the driver's side, so they should do something about it, guess I will have to find out.

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
Since you're planning on bigger tires, they look good... for now.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by cheapbeater
yep, with some bigger tires they will look much better.... just some incentive to get bigger tires
I dont need incentive I need mommas permission she is still upset about the hood I am getting.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:03 AM
muns152000

they look good, where did you order them?

Old 08-29-2009, 05:35 AM
VP64
Captain

looks sweet, and i like how u can see all the stuff u gots behind the grille.

maybe throw a little color matched paint inside. i would do that if i had a colorful truck

Old 08-29-2009, 09:10 AM
hemidel
Professional

I like the black on orange you got going on. It looks nice.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:17 AM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

The flares look good, especially if you are planning on adding bigger wheels/tires anyway.

Color match? Hmmmm...I think that would work. That Sunburst Orange is pretty cool and the flares that color would look good.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:41 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

You don't need bigger tires. get some 1.5" wheel spacers as i already stated. this will give you the look your looking for for now. Otherwise, it looks like a v6 mustang with the tires tucked in that far!

Old 08-29-2009, 10:39 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

I'm all for looks... but spacers are the ultimate ricer/poser move.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:26 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
I'm all for looks... but spacers are the ultimate ricer/poser move.

I'd rather be caught using spacers to retain an aggressive look than drive around with a v6'er looking stance. I've seen the ram truck with fender flares on stock wheels/tires. Looks ridiculous IMO. You say ricer/poser, I say it's just widening the axle 3" because if the factory made it that way, you would get the same look in the end regardless how it gets you there. Tires need to be flush with the fender or at least within 1/2" from the fender line to look Normal in my eyes. Everyone's eyes are diff. though.
I think fake hood scoops are ricer/poserish, yet there's lots of guys that do it WHY??? For LOOKS.

Quick Reply: Got Fender Flares what do ya think??