3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Diamler Service Contract

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 03:09 AM
Hot RODerick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diamler Service Contract

I really want to install headers on my 2008 ram hemi 5.7.....but i am very skeptical of the diamler chrysler service contract.Will they honor the modification or void service installation!

Old 09-09-2009, 07:08 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Why not call and find out from the horses mouth? To me, that would be the easiest way. Some ppl here say yes and some say no. I say IDK which why I would call diamler and not a dealer.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:06 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Daimler, or the dealer, will both say "no" before you even finish your sentance. Fortunately, the law doesn't leave it totally up to them. Get a copy of the law (magnusson moss), read it, understand it, and bring it with you when you go in for warranty work. It's all common sense really. Put on headers, you just lost your exhaust warranty. Put on a lift, you just lost your suspension warranty. They can't refuse to replace your power steering because of a set of headers. "Sorry the seat track failed... it must be from the headers..." See how it works?

Old 09-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Docwhitley
Rookie

The warranty will be honored for any repair not related to the modification.. but understand that if it could possibly be related to the modification it will not be honored. Example- Put in a chip... Computer goes bad.... you would need to prove it was not the result of the chip... otherwise they will not cover it

Old 09-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Hot RODerick
Default From the horses mouth

I really appreciate the correspondance from u all. all of you are correct. straight to the point...they will honor the contract as long as the modification is not the reason for engine malfunctions. now i just have to find legal headers for California......

Old 09-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Hot RODerick
Default Hood

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Why not call and find out from the horses mouth? To me, that would be the easiest way. Some ppl here say yes and some say no. I say IDK which why I would call diamler and not a dealer.

how much did u pay for your hood and where did you purchase it sir....by the way...thank you for your reply!

Old 09-10-2009, 05:28 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

Originally Posted by Hot RODerick
I really appreciate the correspondance from u all. all of you are correct. straight to the point...they will honor the contract as long as the modification is not the reason for engine malfunctions. now i just have to find legal headers for California......
I know that the edelbrock shorties are CARB legal.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:35 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot RODerick
how much did u pay for your hood and where did you purchase it sir....by the way...thank you for your reply!
You mean the SRT10 hood? I paid 400 and had to travel about 4-5 hrs one way to get it plus the cheapest guys I found to paint is was 175. Hope this helps.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Hot RODerick

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
I know that the edelbrock shorties are CARB legal.

really...ok thanks sir for the response

Old 09-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Hot RODerick

Originally Posted by weedahoe
You mean the SRT10 hood? I paid 400 and had to travel about 4-5 hrs one way to get it plus the cheapest guys I found to paint is was 175. Hope this helps.

WOW!!!! what a steal! did u find it on craigs list, eBay?

Quick Reply: Diamler Service Contract