3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Strange and sever engine vibration

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 05:59 AM
74charger
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange and sever engine vibration

OK so it started the other night rigth after i got gas from the 7-11 i drove about two minutes and then my engine started vibrating really bad. I then turned off the truck and started it again and it was fine. That morning i turn my truck on and I have to turn it off and on again a few times before it runs normally. I then drove for about 5 minutes and it did it again. SO then again i turned it back off and on and it was fine. I of course just figured it was bad gas from the 7-11 ( i usually dont get gas there but it was the only place open at 3 am and i only put in 20$) So I go to shell and fill up with premium hoping to clear things up, and did a car wash as my truck and engine compartment was very muddy cus i did a smal and i mean very small wheeling trip, Went through one tiny hole and thats all. Ive taken my truck thourgh much worse but i checked my air filter and everything anyways and its all clean. SO my truck ran fine for the past week didnt do it once and then tonight all of a sudden it does it again and this time no matter how many times i turn the truck on and off and wont stop the vibrating, Now strange thing is i did another wheeling trip this time even smaller then the last as the hole was mostly dried up , it was only a few inches deep. Anyone have any suggestions . My trucks an 03 1500 2wd with the 4.7 by the way. Another thing the truck seems to drive totally fine when its vibrating, i dont notice any power loss and all my gagues are normal. SO im really confused and really worried as my warrenty ran out just a few months ago. Im gona go wash my engine bay again tomorrow it just seems very weird to me it would just be mud as ive been wheeling many times before through much much worse stuff and never had a problem. anyways sorry for the long post any info would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:46 AM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any codes?

Old 09-12-2009, 08:57 AM
74charger
Veteran

ok i feeel like such an idiot. I was up all night worrying about it so i went outside at first light and ran the engine and took a good look and believe it or not all it was was a little mud on the fan blades of the air conditioning cooler. I never woulda guessed something so small could make the truck shake SOO bad. What a relief though.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:59 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^^ nice catch. Thanks for updating us.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:28 AM
02Regcab
Professional

Good to know for those playing in the mud !
Thanks !

Quick Reply: Strange and sever engine vibration