3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Quad Bi-Xenon projector retrofit setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 11:29 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
are they as much as chad is charging for his?
Dont get me wrong and I dont want anyone to take this the wrong way because Chad is an awesome guy but this is far more work than what he is doing to his. To my knowledge, Chad is only doing a single projector retrofit with LEDs and thats all. His are painted but not color matched. His LEDs arent for turn signals I dont think but are rather just for decor. But I may be wrong on that. And he is not using CCFL rings.

Not if Chad is just doing one set of projectors plus bezels and LEDs and charging what he is, how much do you think a set of what I am doing would cost.

I wouldnt mind doing something like this for some guys but being real honest, I have more money in material alone than what Chad has qouted his prices for. But there again, I have more going into them. This is THE ultimate setup. I just dont see how it can get any better than this.

I spoke with Chad and Tim about doing this setup some time back and both were great help as for answering general Qs. But investing some time on the HID boards really was a good education.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:36 PM
disturbedgator
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this was all the rave on the 6thgenaccord forum before i got my ram. Id like to see what it looks like on a ram though good luck

Old 09-15-2009, 11:56 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

my man weed. need move it on. i have to see a finished product. are you following the link you posted on the how to? i love the extreme you go when you mod.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:08 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted by OklaHemi
my man weed. need move it on. i have to see a finished product. are you following the link you posted on the how to? i love the extreme you go when you mod.
Which How-To are you talking about? I wanted to pull the lights apart tonight and get them sanded but after a late dinner, a few drinks and lond conversations, well that didnt happen.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:09 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

you posted some you tube vids where the guy retor fits some projectors. really useful

Old 09-16-2009, 12:43 AM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man can't wait to see the finished product man and the money is not an option when modding your truck at least to me but the sad part is i dont have any to mod it hahaha

Old 09-16-2009, 01:21 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted by OklaHemi
you posted some you tube vids where the guy retor fits some projectors. really useful
Oh I know what you are talking about now. That was a guy who worked for a shop and was doing a custom retrofit and also custom making his own shrouds also. That was a cool vid.

For those who wanna see it, here are the links

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Old 09-16-2009, 08:14 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

you're f'n nuts. but should look faaantastic

Old 09-16-2009, 08:40 AM
bigmiah22
Veteran

Hey dude i cant wait to see when these are done! Did you buy new headlight assemblies as well to make these in? IF so..what are you doing with yours? i know that you had the Halo's and if youre selling them..i call first dibs!

Old 09-16-2009, 12:39 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

LOL.....I did buy new assemblies and will be selling the originals once these are setup. However, someone else already looked into the future like you and laid claim to them. So youre #2 on something that very well may be a few weeks from now but I will keep track of it and let you know.

Quick Reply: Quad Bi-Xenon projector retrofit setup