3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

02 dodge ram 2wd lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 03:33 PM
Raymond
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 dodge ram 2wd lift

I was looking online for a suspension lift for my 2wd ram, i found a few different things including the CST lift but ran across this on ebay....looks like a really good deal but almost looks too good to be true or like mabey its just not the best way to go.....Ebay item # is 7964749233. I dont know anything about this kind of thing so im not even really sure of what im looking at.

Thanks for the help
Raymond

Old 03-31-2005, 04:31 PM
05hemi
Rookie
Default RE: 02 dodge ram 2wd lift

This lift is made by Rough Country. I know this is the rough country lift because of the series 8000 heckthorn shocks. If you go to Rough Country's web site you will see that it is the same, and is selling for $599. http://rough.roughcountry.com/RC%20W...d_DodgeRam.htmI just bought this lift myself and I am waiting for it to arrive. I too saw the CST kit, but didn't have the money to dump out the $1300. I jumed on this when I saw the price difference. I figured that the only real difference between the two kits would be the quality of the spindles, but after talking to somebody who is more familiar with lifts than I am, I decided that the spindles have to at least be road worthy. I, myself will not be doing any real offroading so I decided to go the cheaper way.

Old 03-31-2005, 06:55 PM
Raymond

thanks for the help, i wont be doing any real off roading either....are you going to do the lift yourself or get it done.....i believe im going to get mine done with the fear of messing something up because i dont know what im doing....also just on a side question....the 8000 series being a hydro shock wont make the ride bumpy will it..... again i dont know what im talking about i just heard the nitro shocks are way better.....

Thanks again
Raymond

Old 03-31-2005, 08:10 PM
05hemi
Rookie

I am taking my truck to the shop to have it installed. As for the shocks, I don't know which type is better. I, like you don't know much about this stuff, I am just going for the look.

Quick Reply: 02 dodge ram 2wd lift