3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Got my fox box

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 10:44 PM
OklaHemi
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my fox box

sorry no pics you guy know what they look like. i got the dual 10" ported set up for 100.00 locally. i have some doated alpine type-r waiting on me in colorado, i just have to make it up there to get them. now the question the seat is angled a lot more than i thought they would be are there spacers or something? could i just make some maybe an inch. i just want to be safe in whatever i do because i have my kids with me alot of the times. thanks.

Last edited by OklaHemi; 10-18-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:05 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats cool thats a super deal on it im not sure bout the mounts tho...but i cut my carpet in the bottom of the holes to fit my box in better and so my seat wasnt leaned i only made releif cuts with razorblade to help....maybe this will work...

Old 09-18-2009, 11:47 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

ima email joe. i want to bolt it down too.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:57 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

the spacers are 5/8'' and yes bolt it down. it sounds soo much better...

Old 09-19-2009, 09:14 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jusjay727
thats cool thats a super deal on it im not sure bout the mounts tho...but i cut my carpet in the bottom of the holes to fit my box in better and so my seat wasnt leaned i only made releif cuts with razorblade to help....maybe this will work...

You should just remove the carpet. it's only held on with those little plastic tabs along the front. You could always just glue speaker box carpet to the painted surface that shows to clean it up if you wanted. That's what i did with my box.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:29 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by dirtydog
You should just remove the carpet. it's only held on with those little plastic tabs along the front. You could always just glue speaker box carpet to the painted surface that shows to clean it up if you wanted. That's what i did with my box.
in all honesty i might just remove the carpet eventually cause im thinking i wanna build a fiberglass enclosure so i can fit better subs with larger magnets so i can acheive better mounting depth for a better system... i just gotta get to it...and expaeriment with f/g i also would stretch it back under the rear seats more than my current mdf box for more airspace and if i do this it will be in there prolly permanently cause i would f/g it in the truck or make some sort of template any ideas for me......

Old 09-19-2009, 10:10 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

His boxes do come with spacers. As for bolting it down. I went to Lowes and got some 1/4*20*2" bolts, flat rubber backed and spring washers and nylon lock nuts. I took my subs out (I have the dual 12" box) and got my drill with a 1/4" bit and drilled in the bottom of the box through the floor pan. I put the rubber backed washer on the bolt first and run it through the box and floor. Then under the truck I used the spring washer and nylon lock washer.

I did this on both sides on mine and have had no issues. I called Joe and talked to him about this some time back because his boxes used to come pre-drilled and with self-tapping screws to bolt it down but he said people complained about it having a pre-drilled hole in the bottom (potential air leak) so he quit doing it.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:14 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

my box came pre drilled with holes...

Old 09-19-2009, 10:15 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

yeah i talked to him he said 15.00 for the spacers and bolts. i figured it wasn't a bad price. my main concern being the seats i want them secure solid for my chillens.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:27 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

its secure my doesnt move at all. just the same as before...