3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

check gages light on crack!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 01:30 AM
cam_toews3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy check gages light on crack!!

Two issues here, i bought the truck about a month ago, its an 03 1500. The check gages light will come on and off at random times, it'll stay on for different amounts of time and there is no consistency as to when it does come on. there are no other lights coming on with it, and none of my gages are showing anything that would need attention.

Also im not sure if this helps but the entire cluster was swapped, which seems to be a big deal with dodges, (i'm a newbie to dodge electronics) my mileage shows different than what i was told it actually is. Also if anyone has any info on gettin my odometer to read what it actually is. It currently shows 86xxx kms when i want it to show the actual 175xxx kms that are on the truck.

I was looking over the service manual and from the sounds of it the VIN is embedded into the instrument cluster off the lot. is there a way to re-embed the swapped cluster??

Thanx in advance

Cam

Old 10-01-2009, 09:50 PM
sos
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about the mileage issue (in fact I thought the mileage was stored in the PCM, not the cluster), but as for the check gauges light I would suspect a loose connection somewhere, especially since you said the cluster was swapped. Why was it swapped? If an accident, that could also be the cause.

Quick Reply: check gages light on crack!!