3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Question about factory remote start

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 08:51 PM
mikeyb76
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about factory remote start

I've searched and had no luck finding this info. My wife is spoiled after her tahoe that we traded in on our new MEGACAB!!! The remote starter from the chevy factory would turn on her heated seats and heater in the winter and turn on the AC in the summer depending on the outside temp. I was wondering if the factory remote start from dodge did the same thing. I don't know of a aftermarket one that does it, but if someone does, please let me know. I've gotten enough greif about trading the 07 tahoe in on the new truck, trying to limit casualties at the homestead. Thanks!!!

Old 10-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Mike649
Professional

Originally Posted by mikeyb76
I've searched and had no luck finding this info. My wife is spoiled after her tahoe that we traded in on our new MEGACAB!!! The remote starter from the chevy factory would turn on her heated seats and heater in the winter and turn on the AC in the summer depending on the outside temp. I was wondering if the factory remote start from dodge did the same thing. I don't know of a aftermarket one that does it, but if someone does, please let me know. I've gotten enough greif about trading the 07 tahoe in on the new truck, trying to limit casualties at the homestead. Thanks!!!

I have a factory remote start. It's only function is starting the truck. As far as having the heater on I would have to manually adjust accordingly prior to returning to the remote-started truck.

Mine has worked well untill a few months ago. When I get the time to give up the truck I need to bring it to the dealership to get serviced. The remote start stopped working correctly. Instead of starting it beeps twice.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:03 PM
aidenhardcore
Captain
Default Hey

Hey, My 07 ram came with remote start. It doesn't heat your seats or anything like that. Just starts your truck and that's it. I don't think any aftermarket ones would do that but I guess if you had money anything could be done lol. Thanks.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:32 PM
codiac
Professional

My girlfriend's G6 does that, but the Ram does not. If I forget to leave it where I need it, I get nothing, but she can start the G6 and get air or heat depending on the outside temp....and her car get's the garage, go figure. I asked the guy at the Car Audio shop before I went with the factory setup and he laughed at me, so I think your out of luck.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:43 PM
seawind3000
Professional

If a door is ajar or the hood is ajar or the truck "thinks" one of them is open then it will only beep twice and not start, might need to check the door and hood switches.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Snaximus

A lot of folks are fooled into believing that "factory installed" is actually from the factory. When, in fact the dealership has an outside contractor install an aftermarket alarm system.

This may not be the case here.

Sometimes a beep or honk when trying to use an auxillary output, (which is basically what an auto start is) is a sign that the sytem for that function is in "valet" mode. Check to see what the switch is set at. Most valet bypass is set or switched by turning the ignition to the on position, and flipping the valet switch. Of course knowing where the installer put that switch is half the battle.

As many items can be controlled as there are enough output relays on the alarm/starter, most installers just put heat/air, because many units only have one or two output relays.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:07 PM
mikeyb76

thanks for the replies. I figured as much about the heat A/C. She'll get over it. Hey it's a truck, right?

Quick Reply: Question about factory remote start