3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wheel Hub?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Pysiek
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Wheel Hub?????

Hi guys

I have problem with my 02 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4. Since I have replaced rotors and brake pads there is a weird noise coming out form passenger site wheel. Sound different each time one time like rubber piece is touching a metal surface,other time like piece of sheet metal touching a brake rotor,another time like 2 pieces of steel blocks chafe against each other.
The most of the time it happened when I turn left. I can't describe that noise.Also I can feel vibration on my car when its happening.
I went under the car and nothing suspicious found. The wheel bolts are tight but I can feel a free movent. No steering wheel shaking during driving,but the truck is moving from left to right(not much barely visible).
Is that a wheel hub? Ball joint? Where I can go to get a professional help with that?

Thank You

Old 10-06-2009, 09:27 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

IDK for sure but have you pulled the tire off and looked for any fresk markings of anything touching or rubbing?

Old 10-06-2009, 10:57 AM
pizzo
All Star

did you try lifting up the front putting jack stands under it and then checking it?
Put the jackstands under the A Arms. then take and turn wheels and rotate the tire. as needed Check for ball joints, control arms, tie rod ends, CV axle's, check to see if a boot is torn on them
Also leave the key in and turned forward so the steering wheel won't lock.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Pysiek
Professional

Thanks for the help guys. I will check it as soon as possible. For now I have my other Ram to drive :-)

Old 10-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Pysiek
Professional

Problem with my other ram. I just took it from shop. Transmission problem(good I have warranty) they told me that they have fix it and also that my ram have no power because of catalytic converter. I have tried to drive it and it don't go no more then 30 MPH Is that can be because of catalytic converter??

Quick Reply: Wheel Hub?????