3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck Hurt

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:56 AM
motorhead426
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think he meant that both drivers side flares were damaged.

Speaking of flares... I noticed you have the same scuff marks under the flares that I have. Do all flares leave those marks?

Old 10-07-2009, 12:14 PM
speed_man13
Professional

There was no chance to see if the grill guard would have worked cuz it took out the whole side. It must have just bumped the front fender flare cuz there was a decent crack and scratches down it and then it nailed the door and the bedside and completely obliterated the rear flare. The door is tweaked now (sticks out about 1/4 inch near the top, good wind noise too). They will be bumping out the bed, replacing the door skin, replacing both flares, and then replacing the graphic kit. They then will blend the front fender and paint the whole side. I had a few scratches and tiny dents in that door, so I guess thatll be fixed now.....but yea, 2900 bucks, but I only gotta pay 100. Good thing for full coverage and a low deductible....

Old 10-07-2009, 12:17 PM
speed_man13
Professional

yea I dont know if all leave those scuff marks or not. I am sure they do. It might be because they dont get completely tight or something...could vibrate a little bit....but they shouldnt in my opinion....they should be solid...the flares that is...

Quick Reply: Truck Hurt