3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Which Tuner to Use? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Once you disable mds(if applicable) and raise the shift points, its nothing close to factory mush.
If I could have raised the shift points and firmed up the shifts I would have probably stuck with the DSP. Unfortunately my 04 is not supported and who knows when or if it ever will be.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by truckin151
he has an 06 which is fully compatible with the diablo so hes good. Hammer just curious but since when has SC ever offered the ability to custumise a tune? Last I checked they flat out said they would npt do a custom tune which altering the A/F on a tune would be a custom tune to me.
If you talk to the right people and send them a log of your A/F ratio they will make some tweeks to the tune for you to get your A/F where it needs to be.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:28 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by truckin151
he has an 06 which is fully compatible with the diablo so hes good. Hammer just curious but since when has SC ever offered the ability to custumise a tune? Last I checked they flat out said they would npt do a custom tune which altering the A/F on a tune would be a custom tune to me.
They've always offered "limited customization". I've had 2 prime moved out of the damn way for prolly 2 years now and had my idle bumped for close to that long (long before it was an available option on the tuner).

Here is a thread on their forum regarding customizing the A/F ratio for long tube headers. Read the whole thread...

https://www.superchips.com/forum/vie...php?f=7&t=5971

Old 10-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

The guys over at SC aren't dumb, they realize that if they just make a tweek for us here and there that they will probably keep a customer. Personally, if they adjust my tune for me when I need it I will be more than happy to keep using their tuner.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:51 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright cool I did not know that they would do that. learn something new everday. well in that case go with either one of the two unless you are planning on doing some major engine mods

Quick Reply: Which Tuner to Use? Help!