3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Good Brand Bull Bar?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 05:05 PM
aidenhardcore
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Brand Bull Bar?

Im looking for a black bull bar for my 07. I know there is westin witch goes for like 344$. There are some on ebay for like 179 and 149 and around there. They all have the skid plates. Anyone buy one from ebay. Why would the hell westin be 344 and ebay is so cheaper. But then again cheaper is problemly poorly made. What you think. What brand you buy and how much you pay.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:10 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I've never bought a bull bar, but I've tried off-brand nerfs more than once and have NEVER had good luck with them. Pitting almost right away on chrome ones, lost foot pads and rusting on black ones.
Have now had two sets of Westins, one black and one chrome. My black ones were in great shape after almost five years when I sold the truck. Four plus years on my current chrome ones and they are still like new.
I'm NOT saying you can't get a good bull bar off ebay, but with the Westins, you know what you're getting...

Old 10-07-2009, 06:57 PM
JoshGotaHemi
Rookie

Yeah, I'm the same way. I bought a Westin bar from a local dude off craigslist for real cheap, not sure what to expect. The thing had been on his truck for 2 years and sitting for a bit. But when I went to pick it up I swore the thing looked brand new besides some marks from the driving lights(which got covered by my driving lights, so no worries). Westin has a reputation to hold up to, so they put out a good, solid product. But look at the reviews of the bull bars on eBay, you never know where you'll strike gold.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:08 PM
02dodgeram5.9
Professional

Yep got the Westin Bull Bar on my truck. Had it on there now for two years and still looks brand new. So i am def with all you guys when you say Westin has good stuff

Quick Reply: Good Brand Bull Bar?