3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MY newest mod! Be jealous! Very Jealous!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 06:45 PM
motorhead426
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY newest mod! Be jealous! Very Jealous!

Ok, so maybe I made it out to bigger than it is, but it's something I've wanted since I bought the truck, and finally a deal too good to pass up was back in July...

Behold my newest addition!

Bare steel:

Primered (to keep the rust down):

Rear:

A little background, since everyone knows how bad Road Armor is to deal with. I found the sale on the last day of the sale (July 31st) and emailed them for a quote. When I got the quote back I was almost ready to buy; except for the feeling of wanting to throw up from the idea of spending that much money for something like a bumper. I finally got them the first week of, however the front was just the base bumper, not the prerunner I ordered. After a few calls and emails they finally arranged to pick up the bumper (almost 2 weeks later) and send it back for completion. The front came back in 10-12-09 and I was giddy like a little kid on Christmas!

The worst part of dealing with this company is they never give you a date... that is if you get a reply from them. I give a lot of thanks to Laura (sales) because she was very prompt on communication, where as Natalie (you can find her name on other forums) would only return messages if I emailed her and copied Laura to it. Anyway, I can't complain about getting almost $4,000 worth of bumpers for only $2,500!

I'll post up more pics after I get them coated. It was in my dark storage unit and very dark outside, so not good lighting to say the least.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:56 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Them there are some mighty fine bumpers ya got there.wow.
Good deal. Just be careful of the fumes in a storage unit....
Keep us posted.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Freakinkeith806
All Star

I am somewhat jealous right now! I will be bowing down once its installed though! Great buy, and sweet you got a great deal too lol

Old 10-15-2009, 06:57 PM
JRam_4.7
Rookie

Anyway, I can't complain about getting almost $4,000 worth of bumpers for only $2,500!
Wooah! Nice deal. Can't wait to see how your truck looks with them on!

Should look pretty SICK!

Old 10-15-2009, 07:37 PM
motorhead426
All Star

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Them there are some mighty fine bumpers ya got there.wow.
Good deal. Just be careful of the fumes in a storage unit....
Keep us posted.
No worries, I had the doors open. And it was still dark at 6pm. Winter is here for sure in Michigan. Snow in the forecast this weekend... even though it'll be rain once it hits the ground, LOL

Old 10-15-2009, 07:38 PM
santafehemi
Professional

nice cant wait to see pics of them installed.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:52 PM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker

that looks pretty sick man, nice find

Old 10-15-2009, 08:00 PM
motorhead426
All Star

Thanks for the great comments! I plan on getting them coated with Line-X in black. I figure with my red truck and fender flares back on (maybe a lift in the next 6 months) it'll look good in black.

Here's what the truck used to look like before I removed the 35's and flares. So picture these pics with the bumpers on...

Here's the truck currently. I took off the 35's cause they were rubbing (35x13.50x18). After I get a skyjacker lift, I'll put the flares and big tires back on.

I think it'll be quite a dramatic change overall.

Any comments on Line-X are welcomed. I have Rhino Liner in the bed, but I'm happy with the way the bed rails (in the sun all the time) have faded and hardened in the past 4 years. I'm hoping this new Line-X Extra will hold its appearance better.

You know whats really killing me? Not the fact that they're not on the truck yet, or not having the winches (yes multiple!) yet. It's the fact that I haven't told any of my buddies yet. The plan is to get them coated and mounted, then just show up with them on. Because I figure getting crap for spending over 2g's on bumpers will be easier to handle after they're on the truck, LOL!

Since this has been a major expense, I'm going the Harbor Freight route with winches. I'm planning on a 10k winch on each bumper. Can't beat it for $400 each. I planned it this way, because "A" I don't want to spend another $2000+ on 2 winches, "B" How much will I really use the winches?

The fog lights on the other hand are a different story. I've had El' Cheapo spot lights from summit racing and they leaked and fogged up. So I'm planning on getting some high line lights for this setup. I'm going to wire one set of fog lights to the factory switch, just to save myself from having to wire extra switches.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:10 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Thats a nice looking bumper man.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:15 PM
JRam_4.7
Rookie

Interested in selling your rear bumper that's coming off?

Send me a PM if so.
Thanx.

Quick Reply: MY newest mod! Be jealous! Very Jealous!