3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

need some $$$ quick

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 11:02 PM
OklaHemi
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes joe actually recommend the type-r's for his boxes. he even tells you to pick them up on ebay for around 210.00 for a set NIB. i dont have the spacers that go under your seat. he quoted me 15.00 shipped for his spacers but i have been told i can get spacers from your home improvement store of choice and stick them under there. its not terribly heavy but i have no clue of what shipping would be to canda-nadea

Old 10-18-2009, 11:19 PM
moosefire66
Veteran

Is the one twenty just for the box, or do you have the subs as well??

Old 10-18-2009, 11:38 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

just the box if i had the subs i would not sell it. this is the box i have always wanted but i need to prioritize my mods for now and the system can wait for a while if need be. i dont want to have to sell it, its kind of a help me help you situation and im trying not to use my cc for the projectors

Old 10-19-2009, 08:17 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

A few things here

1) I can build you a simple set of projector headlights pretty resonable if you or anyone else is interested.
2) I have heard those PnP kits still need a bit of drilling to go through the headlight bowl.
3) They (IMO) look too small in such a big headlight bowl and (IMO) need a shroud of sorts for decor
4) IDK about the price but I have seen those PnP kits on ebay also. So my point is there is nothing fancy about them. You can buy regular HID bulbs on ebay for $20/pr shipped.

I dont wanna burst bubbles or step on toes but the good thing about the internet is info if (amongst other things) is free.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:28 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

ebay links

link 1
link 2

Old 10-19-2009, 09:38 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ agree with weed. The hardest part was opening up the housings which still needs to be done with those.
I have been on a few sites and MOST dedicated HID guys say the ouput on those isn't that great.(granted they are still better than stock, but are simply halogen projectors fitted with HID bulbs)(halogen projectors are very diff from HID projectors)
The retro-fit is alot of work and i would not go through it for half *** products. Creates trouble later on.
As far as adjustments go, the factory reflector bowl has up/down that's it. No side to side or tilt angle, so the install of those little guys will need to be as precise as a normal retro-fit.

I'm making mine so the lights will be 100% adjustable from outside the housing. left/right, up/down and swivel from 11-1'oclock positions.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:02 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

hmmmmm. you guys are bursting my bubble. i have been excited b/c i really want to paint my heads and i want to wait to retro fit first.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:16 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

i usually do look around but i got excited and thought i was getting a great deal. i dont really care for the halos anyway. i like your 3" set up weed and wanted that look but these were just easy to install. taking my headlights was never an issue because i wanted to paint them black anyway. i only want to have to do it onceand the drilling was for the halo wire to feed thruogh to the backside.

FOX BOX sold. but the other stuff is available if you need it

stock hitch
fold flat storage
window visors

buy it to clean my garage

Last edited by OklaHemi; 10-19-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:47 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Not bursting anyone's bubble on purpose. just letting everyone know the downs as well as the Ups. they surely are cheaper than what I have invested. They do shine cleaner than stock bulbs, BUT they are just no comparison for a true HID retrofit. But with quality comes a cost and it aint cheap lemme just say.

Everyone is looking for Different things. My idea of HID's is different from your idea. Don't take the product critisism personally. take it for what it is. Some people cannot take it and go all pansy on us....lol I know you'd rather pull down your pants and flash the backside of your ***** before going pansy....rofl...

Adding those lights in for cheap while the housings are opened up for just a a painting is not a bad idea for budget minded individuals. Unfortunately, I wasn't programmed that way when i was born.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:58 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

AHH yes the goat. i will show it well. no weed called me out on it. i watched other people do this set up and it looked cool b ut wasn't exactly what i was going for. i dont care for halos or the small projectors but for the convience and what i thought was a good price i started to bite. which set up are you getting that swivels? is it out of a VW. like i said i want to paint my heads so bad i just got antsy and with you guys starting your conversions i felt more rushed to be done. i needed a reality check. thanks

Quick Reply: need some $$$ quick