3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:24 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine Guides
Print Wikipost

Anybody else get this at 120k+ miles?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 10:46 PM
mellino19
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ramhunter9
ramhunter dont make me hate you by being a smart *** lol...end quote

i could care less if you hate me or like me as a newbie i should tell you im DF's resident hard ***. get over it . i dont need anymore friends. you wanted opinions i gave mine.

as far as your pops beaing a mechanic ??? did you not pay attention to him in the shop?? because you should have learned all what the guys are saying. hell before you bought it you should have had him look it over IMO
alright well I appreciate the opinion whether its regular or wise ***, show's that people are willing to give input on all fronts.

and no I don't really pay attention much in the shop because he is a diesel mechanic and mainly works on bucket trucks (cherry pickers) and everything, but I also dont really get to hang out there either, its not like he owns it. trust me if I could go down there and spend the day doing stuff I would. I guess it's just something I never had the time to really get into. He did look over before I bought it and he said everything looked solid, we tuned it up once we got it back home and then kept up with it then. I've had it for about a year and a half and this is the only trouble it's given me.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:08 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I think you are doing fine. You just need to maybe bring a few things up to date. But dont sweat it, we all have our moments where it seems like the crap will never stop coming.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:48 AM
hemiguy0302
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by weedahoe
I think you are doing fine. You just need to maybe bring a few things up to date. But dont sweat it, we all have our moments where it seems like the crap will never stop coming.
I like this comment way to keep things in stride here weed. Honestly I am sure it has happened to everyone when this and that just keeps going wrong they feel like the said object is ****e. There have been several thing on my truck that have gone wrong. Some trivial and other just normal wear items have had to been replaced or serviced and when it all piles up and your truck (for this instance) ****s with you or ruins your day of course your gonna call it a ****ing piece of **** get mad curse at it and what not. Do you mean it? Hell no. Because of all the makers of trucks out there you drive a Dodge for a reason. You like it. The OP clearly had a bad day he was just venting no biggy. Besides if he really thought Dodge trucks were ****e do you think he would waste his time on here instead of trying to sell the said vehicle. Anyways it happens to the best of us ****e goes wrong roll with the punches.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:46 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Man, Ive had some rides I wanted to burn to the ground because they were so much a PITA. Some have beem flawless. Thats just how it is sometimes.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:58 AM
mellino19
Rookie

yeah i agree both of you, hemiguy and weedahoe. I mainly was just having a **** day and that just made it worst so of course when you're mad about something you just off on everything you can think of and not really mean most of it ya know? Like you said, I love the truck, or else I wouldn't be on here talkin and askin around about it and would've sold it but I'm still drivin it.

basically I got a bit pissed and went overboard haha, I'm glad people know where I'm coming from and get what I'm saying though, I mean hell we're all human something's bound to get us mad sometime lol

Old 10-22-2009, 09:04 AM
mellino19
Rookie

the only thing really bugging me are the rust bubbles on the bed :-/ theres a few on the bed above the tires and idk how, I wash it all the time so i think it's weird. damn new england weather, snow and the TON of salt they put down. I heard that zinc blocks, usually found at marina/boat supply stores, work really well as a rust inhibitor on cars and trucks. I guess it "soaks" it up, kinda draws it away from everything else and absorbs it.

the only thing i really wish is that was a hemi lol. a bit more power and meaner sounding exhaust. but my truck has the looks and sound I want, gets the compliments, does the donuts and other fun in snow, and thats basically the point, enjoying the god stuff (i dont care how corny that sounded you know it's true lol)

Old 10-22-2009, 09:36 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Well Ive got a catback exhaust system that would work on your truck and sound good. Hint Hint

Old 10-22-2009, 07:13 PM
hemiguy0302
Record Breaker

Get on that rust quick before it takes off. every spring I look around for places where rust may have formed from the winter before prep and paint it so its legit for next winter. Make sure you really nozzle in behind those wells.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:07 PM
motorhead426
All Star

Originally Posted by weedahoe
OlDirtyjohn, thats exactly what were doing right now with my wifes Mini Cooper. Im playing catch up on everything I can because IDK what has or hasnt been done to it. Sure it might cost me a bit to do it all but in the end at least I KNOW what has been done to it.

As for Millino19, its not that changing of the plugs is hard, it thats they are a PITA. But then again, thats on a 5.7 and i see you have a 4.7 so you guys might have more room. We (5.7 guys) have to remove the tires and well liners to get to our plugs. Thats why its a PITA. But i think you our on track. just take care of everything you can and stay on top of it and you will be ok. Things always come up when you least expect it. For instance, on our trip out of town and 3hrs away, my wifes PS pump takes a crap. And you know what, we never seen it coming. So when i get home today Ive got to take it out and tear it all apart and hope to rebuild it or fork out 200-500 for a reman-ed or new one.
Huh? Liners? wheels? I've never had to remove those to get to the plugs. Just lean over and drop the soscket down the hole, then the extension... LOL

Old 10-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Mystro
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You must be talking about buying a used Audi S4 because a new S4 is around $55k??? You can almost buy two new Ram 1500 for that. Strange leap of vehicles. Kinda like saying my Honda Accord sucks so I am going to buy a Porsche 911.

Last edited by Mystro; 10-23-2009 at 04:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Anybody else get this at 120k+ miles?