3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My truck is DEAD!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 10:18 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dang man, sorry. Good luck.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Dubsport
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Silly question and just trying to help is your battery voltage too low?

Old 10-20-2009, 10:26 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nope, lights run full blast, and when i turn the key it doesnt click like it would if the battery was low. it does nothing.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Dubsport
Amateur

Sounds like the immobilizer has kicked in! Hmmmmmm...

Old 10-20-2009, 10:33 PM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the stealership is going to have to reprogram the PCM, IF it's still programmable. This was the exact scenario that scared me for the longest time before I broke down and bought a tuner.

SC might have a workaround for this, let's keep our fingers crossed, but from what you're saying now, I'd definitely be a little concerned...

Old 10-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Dubsport
Amateur

Not sure if your 2003 has immobilizer (VW Mechanic here) but maybe try your other key...

Old 10-20-2009, 10:41 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star

Wish I could help you out bud. Good luck tomorrow going to school and with your tuner.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:20 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

best of luck to you buddy...wish i could help but heres a bump to the top....good luck

Old 10-21-2009, 10:26 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by cheapbeater
Yep, just like the title says, dead as a doornail.
Heres the story:
A wile back my superchips 3815 got stuck in boot mode so i sent it in, and they fixed it. But when i got the tuner back it couldnt read my truck because my truck was on the 89 tune sooo... i called superchips again and they sent me the fix through a superchips update.

1.) So i loaded the update and plugged it into my truck, all was going well, and it said the vehicle was back to stock so i unplugged it.

2.) I wanted to program for 91 tune so i read the truck stock, but when it told me to turn on the ignition it said it "couldnt verify ignition on" or something like that. so i tried a few more times and it still didnt work.

3.) THEN i unplugged the POS tuner and turned the key... NOTHING, the radio and dash lights come on, but she does nothing, no click, nothing, the overhead also just shows a line.

4.) I unhooked the battery, but it still wont work!

What do you guys think? Did i fry the comuter?
I cant get a hold of superchips until tomorrow and i have to get to school somehow...
Superchips has been really helpful up to this point, and I hope they continue to be good to me especially if it costs money out of their pocket...
1.) Did you try to run the truck right after setting it back to stock or did you go straight into trying to load the 91 tune?

2.) Did it ever complete this step? I wonder if it got stuck because of the tune they sent? Maybe it already thought it had a stock tune on it?

3.) Did it tell you to unplug the tuner or did you do it because you got pissed at it?

4.) It will not matter what you do to try to reset it, pull the battery, fuse, ect. it wont help, those reset the learned data, not the programming. I suspect there was a problem with the stock tune that was sent and reloaded on the truck (See question 1, did you try to start the truck right after installing the stock tune they sent?) and if that is the case the only way you are going to reset it is by having the dealer reflash it or by getting a new one unless SC can reprogram the pcm without doing all the key tricks.

I think if it came down to going to school/work in 30* weather with wind and rain on a bike for 30miles each way I'd be using a few sick days.... Good luck and I hope its something really stupid that isn't working and wont cost you your left nut to get fixed...

Old 10-21-2009, 11:50 AM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

truckin-
1) I didnt try running the truck right after setting it back to stock
2) It completed the return to stock tune. I think it was the tune they sent me... i think my truck didnt sense it as the "stock" tune, and now it's confused
3) Yes, it said to unplug it, i did, then i plugged it back in to install the 91 tune

I've been talking to Robert at SC this morning, and they are working on it... i really hope they can get it fixed without me having to tow it to the stealership.

I would love to take a couple sick days but I have exams every day this week... turns out my raincoat leaks like a some bi*ch... it took almost an hour before i could move my fingers coherently... she-it...

I sure hope Superchips pulls through for me..

thanks for the ideas

Quick Reply: My truck is DEAD!