3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

need help bad

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 07:30 AM
Ironman04
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question need help bad

hey how is everyone, my name is chris and i love my dodge to the fullist, my dad works for chrysler and thats all i have ever drove.....but i got a huge problem, ok this is the deal....i have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4x4, i took it into the dealer about 8 months ago for a recall. well they fixed the recall and i got it back, when i got it home i went to go out that night and realized i had an electrical serious problem. when i turn the headlights on the drivers side come on but the passengers doesnt. when i flip the high beams on the passengers comes on and drivers doesnt, all my rumming lights work. yet only one of my tail lights work that would be the drivers side, and then the cargo stop lamp works as well. the dealership wont tell me what is wrong with my truck so i can fix it, does anybody here have any clue what it could be, how much and/or how to fix it.......please please please i need alot of help i love my truck and want it to be able to be driven without tickets anymore. thank you chris

Old 10-21-2009, 08:02 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. I will move this thread to the third generation Ram section,
FF

Old 10-21-2009, 08:48 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Well i can get you electrical diagrams and schematics on your truck. Thats not a problem. But youve got to be able to read and understand them so you can find what wire goes where and fix it yourself. Do you want them?

Old 10-21-2009, 09:12 AM
ramhunter9
Banned

hell weed i read them al day long ..you got any for a 07 2500

Old 10-21-2009, 09:27 AM
V10Venom
Captain

First, try replacing bulbs, it could be that simple. If not that, start looking at your connections, I had a bad ground on my taillight which caused it to stop working. I cleaned it up and it started working perfectly.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:46 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Well what was the recall? If it all started right after you brought it home I wonder if they had to unplug something and didn't plug it back in or were careless and "accidently" pulled a wire they weren't suppose to or didn't notice. I'd take it back and first tell them that it was fine before you brought it in and tell them they need to fix it or find out what they did to do the recall and go under and inspect those areas for any loose connections or missing connections.

Not the way you want to join a forum but welcome anyways, and good luck.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:04 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ramhunter9
hell weed i read them al day long ..you got any for a 07 2500
PM me and tell me what you want. Ive got all makes and model (literally all) and vintage. ill put them in a PDF and host or email them to you.