3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Factory Sunroof fully closing... and leaking

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 02:13 PM
fastc4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Sunroof fully closing... and leaking

My 2005 2500 sunroof won't quite close all the way. It almost closes but leaves about a 1/4" gap where the back of the sunroof doesn't lift all the way up.

Of course it's rainy season and unless a push the back of the sunroof up manually it surprises me with cold water when I brake.

Not sure if there's an adjuster to raise the rear end of the sunroof or if I just need to take the thing apart.

If anyone could give advise on how to fix; or links on a factory service manual pointing on how this thing works I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks!

Old 10-03-2011, 02:41 PM
extremis
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof not closing right

I'd like to give this a bump. I was searching for the same problem and not finding a solution. Is there a method for adjusting these sunroofs? I notice my sunroof works 100% proper except for closing. the back side ends up just below the roof metal leaving a significant gap. The water goes in and leaks out of the dvd player and run down the seatbelts (in extreme cases). I can push it up into place by hand, and it opens past that level to go into vent mode so its not obstructed.

Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Factory Sunroof fully closing... and leaking