3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Windows wont roll down

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 05:33 PM
mcgoo89
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine did the same thing, I ended up snipping the wire that goes to the window lock and everything is good now. Did it about six months ago, and seems as if it was a faulty window lock button. Dealer wanted an arm and leg for new one. Start there.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Dire Wolf
Professional

Originally Posted by mcgoo89
Mine did the same thing, I ended up snipping the wire that goes to the window lock and everything is good now. Did it about six months ago, and seems as if it was a faulty window lock button. Dealer wanted an arm and leg for new one. Start there.
Mine did the same thing. Would work at the drivers side but not on any other door. I replaced the drivers side controls and it has worked since, been over a year. I bought a set on Ebay for $60 I think. If you wait or get lucky you can find just the drivers side or you can cut it like mcgoo89 did.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Deviate
Professional

Originally Posted by dirtydog
i have mine engaged so my wife doesn't play with the window....lol
I hate when people get in my vehicles and start to play with everything. if I want the windows down, then i will put them down. Nothing more annoying than one window down and not another. The pressure kills my ears.
LOL! I tell my wife it's because of the kids, but yeah...it's her too.

Not to change the subject, but a twist on a similar line. Does anyone else have an issue where the whole "control panel" for the window and door lock controls on the driver side moves back and forth? It's almost like it's not tightened down good or something.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:33 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Common issue, apparently. Many, many discussions of this. Remove the driver's door panel and make sure the connectors are snug. That will usually restore the function for a while. Maybe I'll give the "wire snip" trick a try.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:33 PM
MarvOhio

yep my control panel moves back and forth to that drives me more nuts than the window locks do

Old 05-25-2018, 03:36 PM
whitedragond

I have the exact same problem, replaced the passenger switch thinking that was the cause and didn't want to replace the drivers side cause of $$. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

I'll have to look at the windows lock button and maybe cut the wire to see if that fixes it!

**Edit: I found a youtube video on a bypass option!

Another video that shows power testing steps:

After finding a wiring diagram and the color chart of PK/YL (Pink wire with yellow stripe) coming in then the OR/LB (Orange Light Blue) I'm going to try jumping those two wires together to bypass the Window Lockout Switch.

Last edited by whitedragond; 06-04-2018 at 12:56 PM. Reason: adding video
Old 05-26-2018, 10:57 AM
GRNDPNDR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deviate
LOL! I tell my wife it's because of the kids, but yeah...it's her too.

Not to change the subject, but a twist on a similar line. Does anyone else have an issue where the whole "control panel" for the window and door lock controls on the driver side moves back and forth? It's almost like it's not tightened down good or something.
Tabs on the bezel are broken, happens a lot in old vehicles.

as for the window switches not working it MIGHT be due to the contacts being burned and dirty. I've taken a part a lot of these switches and in every one the contacts have been badly burnt and worn down. The switches may not be making full contact any more. You could try taking them out/apart and cleaning them

Quick Reply: Windows wont roll down