3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Horn Wont Shut Up!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 01:46 AM
05RamMan
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heh, I went to an inspection a few years ago. The guy comes back and tells me he is gonna fail me because the horn doesn't work. I argued back, It works fine for me, You just gotta push the right button. So he says go ahead and honk the horn for me and ill go ahead and pass you. So I got in the car, Reached into the center console, pulled out an airhorn that I bought at walmart and honked it. Just about everyone in the shop Just about crapped themselves. After the mechanic finshed rolling around on the floor cracking up, He passed me.

Moral, You Need a horn, But the rules don't specify where the horn has to come from or how loud or quiet it needs to be.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:37 AM
AsphaltCowboy
Veteran

have you pissed anyone off lately? maybe someone wired the horn to the brake lights and just did a bad job on the wiring so it only works every once in a while. i saw some idiot driving down the road one time in a mini van with the car alarm going off. lights flashing, horn blowin, everything. they just kept on goin.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:03 PM
jackedupram02
Professional

hahaha...my truck just did this too, driving down the road and all of a sudden the horn start honking and the lights start flashing. I just pulled the horn fuse out, and disconnected the negative side of the battery for a minute. Now i am driving around with no horn. Anyone know what caused that to happen?

Old 11-28-2009, 05:11 PM
josemer09
Rookie

lol yeah it sucks when this happens i fist disconnected the horn until i could mess with it(it was midnight) then i connected it back up in the mornin and i yanked the steering wheel till it shut up i haven't had the problem since... but if you didn't ever use it it might not be stuck it might be something else. and i never found out what fuse it was either i checked the owners manual and did int find the one for the horn...you might want to do what weed said and check if its one of the wires or the switch

Old 11-28-2009, 05:17 PM
josemer09
Rookie

Originally Posted by AsphaltCowboy
i saw some idiot driving down the road one time in a mini van with the car alarm going off. lights flashing, horn blowin, everything. they just kept on goin.
they were probably steeling it!!! saw a car last night same situation but it was haulin a$$ with a cop car right behind him

Old 11-28-2009, 06:50 PM
jackedupram02
Professional

the fuse box under the hood had "horn" labelled with the corrisponding fuse #. I will take a look and see exactly what # it was. I think it was about half way down the left hand side fuse line, if you are standing at the driver side fender. hope it helps a little.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:10 AM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jackedupram02
the fuse box under the hood had "horn" labelled with the corrisponding fuse #. I will take a look and see exactly what # it was. I think it was about half way down the left hand side fuse line, if you are standing at the driver side fender. hope it helps a little.
Yea a number would be great. I've been gone the whole day and never got a chance to work on the truck. I don't mind driving around without a functional horn for awhile till I get the problem solved.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:05 PM
jackedupram02
Professional

Horn fuse# on the my truck was #22 if that helps.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:44 PM
MilosKorac

what was the solution at the end?

Quick Reply: Horn Wont Shut Up!!!!!