3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Horn Wont Shut Up!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 11:45 PM
josemer09
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horn Wont Shut Up!!!!!

ok so i was at a green light and the car in front of me was just sitting their for 20 sec so i honked to get his attention and he got out the way 10 min later while i was waiting for my sis to get out of school it started honking by its self so i pulled the steering wheel and it stopped so i figured it was just stuck so i pulled it some more so i got home and went to work with out any problems but on my way home i was at a red light and all the way on the left turning lane was a cop and a car in between me and the police officer and out of no where it just started honking! i was like wtf stupid sh*t luckuly their was a lot of cars around and i guess he didint know who it was.

So i was just wondering if anybody knows if their is some way of turning the horn off? like a fuse or somthing. and sorry for telling you this long story

Old 10-30-2009, 01:07 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

sorry i had to laugh. i think all the fuses are under the hood, toward the front drivers side. under the cover they should all be listed

Old 10-30-2009, 01:36 AM
josemer09
Rookie

yeah it sucked coming home from work...it would just honk randomly... really embarrassing having everybody look at you like wtf are you honking for! but yeah i checked the fuse box and it just has numbers i also checked the owners manual and i didn't get anything out of it....

Old 10-30-2009, 05:15 AM
ramhunter9
Banned

just disconect the horn

Old 10-30-2009, 06:24 AM
bigdaddyII
Captain

It is likely that pulling a fuse will disconnect another circuit as well. Your best bet is ramhunters advice and unplug the horn.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:13 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Then I guess after thet you need to take apart the steering wheel to se about the switch????

Old 10-30-2009, 07:53 AM
Fav40
Professional

I was in Newark, NJ a few years ago with a rental Tractor trailer and hoped out to grab some McDonald's. I begin woofing down a Quarter Pounder in the drivers seat when a squirt of catchup dropped on the steering wheel. Well this truck had a push button air horn on the left side. This blob of catchup acted like PB Blaster and made it's way into the switch. I started driving down the bumpy streets and guess what ? The air horn started to activate with the bumps, then just stuck ON. Oh yeah it was great, steady rain out side, unknown neighborhood, little white boy driving tractor trailer with air horn stuck on.

Pulled into a open lot and pulled the fuse since it was an electric actuated air horn. Stupid. Most air horns use a cable and are up on the ceiling.

So with that story.....Have you spilled anything ? Catchup from a burger ? Soda ? Coffee ? You'd be surprised the dirt, crap, food that can get behind the interior of our vehicles.

Electric horns can just go bad or the switch.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:11 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I know here in NY you must have a proper working horn to pass inspection. i dunno if i would unhook it. That's just a temporary solution on solving the problem.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:13 AM
dunerider650
Veteran

hahaha that's funny as hell.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:46 AM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So how did you fix this? MY truck is doing the same thing now, it's really late at night and my truck is pissing off the neighbors so I just pulled the negative off the battery and hope thats good enough until tomorrow. Anyone know which fuse it is? I don't even use the horn, in fact I even have it turned off when I use the keyfab to lock the doors, so I didn't even know it was my horn until I opened the door to figure out what idiot was honking his horn and realized it was me. d'oh!

Last edited by JoeHemi; 11-28-2009 at 04:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Horn Wont Shut Up!!!!!