3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Horn Honking wont stop?! HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 09:54 AM
DaddyDriver101
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I alone have solved the beeping horn issue

2013 DODGE RAM 1500. Started intermittent beeping.. drove me crazy. Disconnected battery, no luck.
Its the FOB. I took mine apart and the rubber casing had gotten the contacts all nasty. Cleaned them off with a little alcohol...
THEN, and this is THE KEY.... on the RUBBER cover there are two little, tiny metal contacts. You can BARELY SEE THEM. They look like part of the rubber case. They are not. They are metal. One of mine had detached from the rubber case and had moved ever so slightly towards the other one. It was shorting out. I cleaned it and stuck it back together. NO MORE BEEP.. Probably would recommend a new case for the fob. Yeah ME.
PS I HATE MY DODGE.. This is my third one and will be my last.

Old 09-16-2017, 02:01 PM
Stephen Donato

Any resolution to the random honking horn on 03 Ram? When parked mine started doing it last night. I also notice gauges jump on dash when horn beeps. I did try the horn from steering wheel and did not work before I pulled the fuse. Any ideas? Maybe it is time for a new truck?

Last edited by Stephen Donato; 09-16-2017 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-09-2021, 08:14 PM
rawlroost2
Default Ram horn

Originally Posted by Stephen Donato
Any resolution to the random honking horn on 03 Ram? When parked mine started doing it last night. I also notice gauges jump on dash when horn beeps. I did try the horn from steering wheel and did not work before I pulled the fuse. Any ideas? Maybe it is time for a new truck?
Did anyone ever get a resolution? My 03 just started the random horn beeps today. Horn doesn't work pushing the wheel, gauges jump every time. Very rythmic cycle.

Quick Reply: Horn Honking wont stop?! HELP!!