3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My Morning Race!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 02:31 PM
EJM05
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Morning Race!

Well today started my second week at UPS for the 4:45am shift. I leave my house around 4:15 this morning. I get stuck at the red light in the center of our town and there are two lanes. the left one is straight only and the right one is right only. all of a sudden i see this car flying down the road behind me and comes up to the right lane. I thought to myself that the guy was going to take the right turn fast. but i was wrong he stops and i realizes that he is going to cut me off from the right lane. I was like ****, this little car is not going infront of me. He is in a BMW 330ci. the light is red and all of a sudden it turns green. All you can here is my truck screaming and he is right there next to me. as I got the better jump i pulled out infront a beat his little ***.

I recently bought the passport 9500i radar detector so i had it on this morning. as we are cruising down the the street i look down and see 65mph. and then boom! radar goes off and I slow down since I already won the race. I slow down to 40mph which is the speed limit and the bmw decides im going to slow for him. he passes me on a turn that veers to the right on the outside over a double lane, honking his horn plus the finger. during that whole time the radar is going crazy. what do you know that cop is sitting on the side of the road waiting for him. cops sees him puts his lights on. pulls out infront of me and pulls him over. as i slow down to pass him i put down my window and wave and laugh.

now remember my truck has the 33" mud tires with a flowmaster exhaust. thats it. no CAI or tuner. SO im pretty impressed with the the hemi performance. but now im ready to get the CAI and tuner.

so thats how my day started. lol

Old 11-02-2009, 02:47 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're looking for a "nice kill" you aint gettin it from me. Serves the guy right for gettin pulled over but it would have never been an issue if you hadn't started it. You should have gotten in as much trouble as that guy. Sorry man, not the response you were lookin for

Old 11-02-2009, 02:53 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

330's have a v6 rated at 225hp and weigh like 3400lbs. They certainly aren't "impressive" as far as power goes.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:54 PM
EJM05
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
If you're looking for a "nice kill" you aint gettin it from me. Serves the guy right for gettin pulled over but it would have never been an issue if you hadn't started it. You should have gotten in as much trouble as that guy. Sorry man, not the response you were lookin for
no i shouldn't have got in as much trouble because i slowed down cause the race was already over and i didnt do anything wrong. ok a little street race. he did the immature thing by passing on a blinding curve. but then again i wasnt going to let this guy in the wrong lane cut me off. he should of stayed behind me and things wouldnt of started. actually i was doing my own thing and stayed in the right lane that was going straight.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:56 PM
EJM05
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dirtydog
330's have a v6 rated at 225hp and weigh like 3400lbs. They certainly aren't "impressive" as far as power goes.
yea i know. i had a 325xi before the truck. he should of knew better. i have the hemi badge on the damn truck. lol. it was still my first street race.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:57 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

As Far as AFHEMI....All street racing is the same. Doesn't matter the situation!

Old 11-02-2009, 03:00 PM
EJM05
Record Breaker

yea i was aware that this is considered street racing but like i said i was in the right lane and i dont let people show me up. yes i know street racing is illegal but is was my first time that someone did that to me. so i was just sharing it.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:35 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

It's cool....I was driving my wife's Suburban with our horse trailer (empty) and this guy in a Honda Accord was trying to pass me on the right when he knew the lane ended. Well, I stomped it and he almost ended up in the ditch. People should not be jacka$$es.....

Old 11-02-2009, 03:35 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

I've raced out on the street just like everyone else. if they say that haven't they are lying. At least it was super early in the morning.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:37 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dirtydog
I've raced out on the street just like everyone else. if they say that haven't they are lying. At least it was super early in the morning.
If you like cars/trucks and you are on this forum, chances are that you have raced on the street, legal or not. Hell, I had a 1995 Corvette and I had it going 145mph on the interstate. Is that legal? No....is it safe? No....it was on a Sunday morning and no one else was on the road.

Was it fun?? HELL YEAH!!

Quick Reply: My Morning Race!