3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DMH Cutout: Would anyone be interested?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009 | 09:21 PM
soundwavesram

How much would you be looking to get for the Cutout? Wiring doesn't matter to me. as I have *** tons of it laying around my garage...

Old 11-04-2009 | 10:17 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

I am looking for $125 including shipping.

Old 11-05-2009 | 07:31 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

The wiring on a DMH goes like this, about 4-6" from the cutout itself there is a quick disconnect plug. So disconnect that and take off the cutout. Maybe 12-18" behind the switch there is another quick disconnect plug so take out the switch and disconnect it. There are two wires that come off that switch and one goes to power and the other to ground. Cut them or take them loose and taek out the switch. That leaves you the piece of wire in between so find out where all it snakes and remove it gently. Then come back and sell it all.

Old 11-05-2009 | 11:10 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User

Originally Posted by 05DodgeRamHemi
The switch came with the kit, and I don't plan on removing the switch since it will leave a hold in my dash if I remove it.

And actually, this will be my fifth muffler lol (flowmaster super 44, flowmaster 50 HD, stock muffler, magnaflow, and now a flowmaster 40 delta flow.
I was just thinking lately about the same issue. i have a switch for my hella's which put a hole in a tiny piece of trim(can be replaced).
Then I had to use a relay and have that just switch my CCFL's on instead of an external switch. Then I have decided to install reverse lights, but i don't want yet another switch, so I'm gonna wire those up so they switch off a relay and come on with the reverse lights Only when the headlights are on. Ugghh, what a PIA because it's gonna take a bunch of wiring and double pole relay to get that squared away.

All so i don't have 18 switches on my dash..lol The least switches means the more my wife won't notice...aahahahahaaa
I'm sure you can use that switch for something else??? Ohh, the possibilities..lol

As for the mufflers. WTF is your problem? i see you like Flowmaster, but why keep going back? They do sound good, but they all drone the same. Loud Flowmasters drone loud. Quiet flowmaster drone quieter. There is no quiet drone with a loud Flowmaster due to their chambered design.
I'd be willing to try a flowmaster, but it would have to be mounted right back as close to the tip as possible. maybe give that a try? That would reduce in cab resonance.

Old 11-05-2009 | 11:14 AM
nathanp
Captain

seems lots of people are interested in this.... i have one for sale in the classifieds section 80 bucks shipped... brand new with wiring....

Old 11-05-2009 | 03:20 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User

Originally Posted by nathanp
seems lots of people are interested in this.... i have one for sale in the classifieds section 80 bucks shipped... brand new with wiring....

Guys were just giving pointers, that's all.
But I must say, after looking through the Search engine, I didn't see your sale? Not that I'm interested, I was interested what the product(DMH?) and condition to compare the two was all.

BUT. The fact that there's a dedicated For Sale section and guys Postwhore the technical sections lately with that crap.
For example...https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...nterested.html

DOUBLE POSTING in 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen to sell something. Now, that's BS. You should know better with 3600 or so posts 05DodgeRamHemi
I think someone needs to read the forum rules over again...
FORUM RULES
4. Double posting is not allowed and can result in the deletion of one or both posts. Double posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more separate forums. We understand that some topics might fit into more than one forum. Please try to pick the best one. In addition, please do not post in the same thread back to back (another version of double posting), if you have something more to add, edit your post, don't post twice in a row in a thread.

I read them from time to time as we all forget things. I just hope others do for me as I do for them.....lol

Old 11-05-2009 | 04:30 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

wow thats alot of money going into that mufflers shops pocket you went thru that many with your 01 right... all exhaust related ? goto you from now on.....$80 bucks shipped thats a great deal somebody jump on that.....

Old 11-05-2009 | 04:38 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

My bad on the double posting, I guess I don't really read the rules on the forum..

As far as the wiring goes for the DMH, I won't be taking it out. It's not worth opening up my dash to get to it. Besides, it's a really simple two-wire set-up with just a momentary switch, it wouldn't be very difficult to make your own or have someone make it. I'm having the cut-out taken out tomorrow...I will field different offers.

Quick Reply: DMH Cutout: Would anyone be interested?