3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Blacking out my Laramie

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 01:54 PM
ChaseRAM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blacking out my Laramie

I want to finish blacking out my 07 1500 Laramie in the Brilliant Black color, I recently bought the Night Runner headlights and Smoked Recon Tail Lights and now want to finish the body. I've already found a primed rear bumper, black grille and black moldings to replace the chrome ones on the doors. All I have left is the big chrome insert on the front bumper where the license plate is. I was wondering if any of you guys knew where the heck I can find a black one because I've searched all over the internet with no luck. Would I be better off going to my local dealership and asking for all the black/primed parts? Rear Bumper, Grille Assembly, Side Moldings and Chrome insert on the front bumper? Or should I just stick to online and find everything the best I can? If any of you guys have blacked out your Laramie any help would be very much appreciated!

-Thanks

Old 11-05-2009, 02:14 PM
mc35
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stick to finding them online, you will ALWAYS find a better deal online on everything rather than asking for them through the dealer. and as for the chrome on the front bumper...i know some people have gotten them painted by a shop, or you could just pick up a full front bumper replacement from www.lmctruck.com or a custom one from www.stylintrucks.com.....but they are pricey.

Last edited by mc35; 11-05-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:19 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u can just paint it. sand it down and spray it

Old 11-06-2009, 09:03 PM
RaiderJay6
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont make an aftermarket cover for that but I would get it painted.

Quick Reply: Blacking out my Laramie