3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Retrofit Projector and LED Halo Pictures Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 11:06 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

yep, your right. But ONE DAY dammit!!!

Old 11-09-2009, 11:17 AM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those look awsome!!!!

Old 11-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Alwaysnaked
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question, has anyone installed there own projector lights? If so, how in the hell do you remove the factory installed headlight unit? I was just poking around thinking about buying some of these and I could not see how they are removed. I know you have to take the whole assembly out to even change a bulb so I figure someone here must know how to remove them.

Edit... I think I figured it out, you have to remove the inner fender (splash) panels in order to access the upper most clip?

Last edited by Alwaysnaked; 11-14-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:08 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Alwaysnaked
Quick question, has anyone installed there own projector lights? If so, how in the hell do you remove the factory installed headlight unit? I was just poking around thinking about buying some of these and I could not see how they are removed. I know you have to take the whole assembly out to even change a bulb so I figure someone here must know how to remove them.

Edit... I think I figured it out, you have to remove the inner fender (splash) panels in order to access the upper most clip?
No. The upper most clip does not get touched. There is a rubber boot on the inner fenderliner that needs to be removed to access the 10mm nut at the bottom of the headlight. As far as the top clip, it's just a piece of plastic that a metal rod with a ball end slides into. It is very tight and requires ither a quick jerking method or a prying method. The first time I removed mine I had to give a quick jerk to pull them off. After that i could use my hand behind them to pry them off. Still kinda tough. Then you will need to stick them in your oven to heat them up. Not an easy task.
Use the search function to check up older posts that have this all covered.

Quick Reply: Retrofit Projector and LED Halo Pictures Finally!