3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Baby's New Shoes

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 03:33 PM
mopar6spd
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious, How much did they charge you to install your 2.5 leveling kit?

Old 11-11-2009, 04:47 PM
JCinDE
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a pretty sharp truck there, V10Venom. Is that a custom paint?

mopar6spd, my invoice doesn't have itemized prices, but if memory serves, the leveling kit was $750 or so installed.

Shop guy agreed with me that the front was too high. Luckily the leveling kit for my '03 allows for adjustment, so they're going to drop the front back down an inch or so. Maybe that will ease my mind a bit about the tires.

When I look at the rear tires they look fine. It's when looking at the front that they seem too small. At any rate, the guy rolled out a larger tire around 34 1/2 for comparison and while it would fill out the wheel well nicely I can see what he's saying about the danger of rubbing. I don't want to cut and I don't want rubbing, so I'm just going to suppress my OCD and move on.

Next up, exhaust and trim. I think I want to get some fender flares since the tires are so much wider. Anyone have recommendations?

Old 11-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Freakinkeith806
All Star

That turned out great! Also, great choice on tire.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:04 PM
V10Venom
Captain

Originally Posted by JCinDE
That's a pretty sharp truck there, V10Venom. Is that a custom paint?

mopar6spd, my invoice doesn't have itemized prices, but if memory serves, the leveling kit was $750 or so installed.

Shop guy agreed with me that the front was too high. Luckily the leveling kit for my '03 allows for adjustment, so they're going to drop the front back down an inch or so. Maybe that will ease my mind a bit about the tires.

When I look at the rear tires they look fine. It's when looking at the front that they seem too small. At any rate, the guy rolled out a larger tire around 34 1/2 for comparison and while it would fill out the wheel well nicely I can see what he's saying about the danger of rubbing. I don't want to cut and I don't want rubbing, so I'm just going to suppress my OCD and move on.

Next up, exhaust and trim. I think I want to get some fender flares since the tires are so much wider. Anyone have recommendations?
Yes, my truck is custom painted. It used to be an SLT with chrome bumpers and monotone paint.

You can fit 34.5 in tires. I have them on mine with no rubbing and I've had 35" tires on mine also with no issues.

Don't give up!!

Old 11-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker

Looks like these wheels and tires are popular!

Old 11-11-2009, 06:36 PM
JCinDE
Professional

heh yeah I'm getting that impression. Reasonable cost plus nice style equals popular.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree the truck does sit a little higher in the front but not to noticable really but good looking truck and good choice on the NITTO's

Quick Reply: Baby's New Shoes