3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pass window slow.... And Switch inop.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009 | 09:43 PM
moosefire66
|
Veteran
Default Pass window slow.... And Switch inop.....

So my passenger side front window raises, and lowers much slower than the three other windows. Does anyone else have this problem? I would actually like them to run up and down as fast as the Fords do, too impatient to wait... Is the motor goin bad? possibly some binding inside?

Also, my passenger side window switch does not work. Which, after having my friend puke on my door on Friday because he could not get the window down himself is tickin me off. I had taken this into the dealer before for this, and they replaced something on it, but no longer remember. its been about two years. But its beed doing this again. Does anyone know if this is a common problem? Any solution to fix this?? I dont want to just throw parts at it and hope somethin works cause I'm way to poor for that.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Old 11-09-2009 | 10:47 PM
RAMSLuT

mines kinda the same way, its not all that slow but if i roll all the windows up, my passenger window is always slower than the rest, even if i roll it up alone, you can still tell its slower than the rest...i dont care enough to spend money on it to make it go as fast as the rest do tho. Like to know if anyone know what it could be tho

Old 11-09-2009 | 11:19 PM
tlawre87
Veteran

Could the window tracks just need greased? I have had them run slow because of that.

Old 11-10-2009 | 12:53 AM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker

you can easily rebuild the motors. just take out the brushes, clean them up a little with a small file, and clean up the cylinder and put it all back together. i took my non working windows in my durango and did that, and they worked like brand new again.

Quick Reply: Pass window slow.... And Switch inop.....