3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

strange coolant loss on a 4.7

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 02:39 PM
BLUETHUNDER_06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all for the replys fella,s. I found the cause of the problem. The rad has a leak in it from the lower corner drivers side. I have put some rad sealent in it for a tempory measure and has stopped the leak. This will be till i get a new one stateside. I was going to use Rockauto,s as ive had excellent service from them on parts shipped to the U.K

Do any of you fella,s have any other recommendations???.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:43 AM
Ice-Forever
All Star

Originally Posted by BLUETHUNDER_06
Thanks all for the replys fella,s. I found the cause of the problem. The rad has a leak in it from the lower corner drivers side. I have put some rad sealent in it for a tempory measure and has stopped the leak. This will be till i get a new one stateside. I was going to use Rockauto,s as ive had excellent service from them on parts shipped to the U.K

Do any of you fella,s have any other recommendations???.

Did you use that stuff that you pour in the radiator and it seals the whole up to fix it? I remember when my 4.7 had the blown head gasket someone told me to try that, I forget the name I'm sorry, but when I checked around the general consensus on that stuff was that it was alright to put in a beater, but it will go through and clog **** up everywhere in the block and through your system and cause potential problems down the road...

Just a heads up

Old 11-13-2009, 04:42 AM
BLUETHUNDER_06

I did try some stuff called Radfix. But it didnt work.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star

Originally Posted by BLUETHUNDER_06
I did try some stuff called Radfix. But it didnt work.

Hm, well hopefully it doesn't cause you any problems down the road man. Good luck and glad you got everything fixed and it wasn't a gasket/head lol.

Quick Reply: strange coolant loss on a 4.7