3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Snow on Mt.Hood today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Jason D
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow on Mt.Hood today!!!

Had to have been at least a foot of fresh powder in the parking lot of Medows today!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF1GngbIHYk

Timberline had FEET of snow!!!

Name:  DSCF0728.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  21.7 KB

Old 11-13-2009, 11:01 PM
Sloooow
Amateur

Nice.

I love playing in the snow with my ram but none here in Iowa yet. Im dieing to see how my new firestone AT destination's do in the snow sompared to my 3 year old dualer AT revos.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:12 AM
Ram4wd
Rookie

RE: Snow on Mt.Hood today!!!

Glad to see someone else got up there today! I actually went around the back way from Hood River to Parkdale and across lolo pass road. There is a cut-off that becomes a little more of an off-roading adventure I like ot take. I had to turn around, though as I was in about 10" of snow and already dragging my rear diff in the center track.

Then I went back to lolo pass road and attempted to cross to zigzag and home. But the snow was already weighing down tree branches, but I kept going till I got stopped. A large branch down and across the entire roadway, so since I was alone, decided to head back.

All was not lost, though, I ran across several deer and a black bear on the way out! I love that !!!

Old 11-14-2009, 12:16 AM
dedogg
Record Breaker

Thats the only thing I miss about Washington. Jason D your truck looks bad @ss man.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:15 AM
reefguy89
Captain

man u are lucky i wish we got that much snow over here

Old 11-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Jason D
Veteran

Originally Posted by Ram4wd
RE: Snow on Mt.Hood today!!!

Glad to see someone else got up there today! I actually went around the back way from Hood River to Parkdale and across lolo pass road. There is a cut-off that becomes a little more of an off-roading adventure I like ot take. I had to turn around, though as I was in about 10" of snow and already dragging my rear diff in the center track.

Then I went back to lolo pass road and attempted to cross to zigzag and home. But the snow was already weighing down tree branches, but I kept going till I got stopped. A large branch down and across the entire roadway, so since I was alone, decided to head back.

All was not lost, though, I ran across several deer and a black bear on the way out! I love that !!!

Right on. We actualy did the loop the opposite way. Went up the hill to Timberline on 26 and the came back on 35 through Hood River.

I am not very familiar with Hood but since it was the only place that I knew there would be real snow we decided that was where we were headed. We actualy eneded up stuck for about an hour and a half due to some dumb *** couple in a Subaru that ended up where they should never have been. Just after you turn onto 35 from 26 on the right had side there is an unnamed snow park. Well there was an unplowed road that kept going after the snow park. I have no idea what these people were thinking since the snow was about 2 feet deep on the sides of the ruts, and my pumpkin was dragin. When we got to them they had a 25x25 foot spot all shovled out were they thought they were going to try and turn around. That didnt work out so well for them and they ended up slide off the road. So trying to get around them we ended up stuck in the opposite ditch and tje snow was plowed up on the hood. Took a little shoveling but we finaly got out.

Originally Posted by dedogg
Thats the only thing I miss about Washington. Jason D your truck looks bad @ss man.
Thanks man!

Old 11-14-2009, 12:35 PM
harby
Professional

Excellent! I wish we got snow like that over here in the UK!

Old 11-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Freakinkeith806
All Star

I love tearing through the snow too! Looks like you had alot of fun...Should be snowing here tomorrow, I hope, but it's 70 degrees outside right now so it wont stick...

Old 11-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Jason D
Veteran

Snow in Texas huh? Bet you dont get to much of the white stuff down there.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star

Originally Posted by Freakinkeith806
I love tearing through the snow too! Looks like you had alot of fun...Should be snowing here tomorrow, I hope, but it's 70 degrees outside right now so it wont stick...

snow? In texas?

You crazy!

Quick Reply: Snow on Mt.Hood today!!!