3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Floor lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 08:07 PM
BigWillie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Floor lights

took the led floor lights out of my old scion my dads driving, going to put them in the dodge tomorrow. Wondering if any of y'all know how I could wire them in with the backlights for the radio so they come on with the headlights or maybe wire them with the dome lights. Can't decide which would be cooler....

Any opinions and/or instructions on how to do this?

Old 11-10-2009, 09:23 PM
butch1581
Captain

I would say dome lights.....will you see the LEDs when the door is shut? where are they getting mounted?

Old 11-10-2009, 09:29 PM
BigWillie

they get mounted under the dash and illuminate the entire floor area, the ones in the back mount at the bottom of the seat. I took some pics of them in the scion i'll try to post them to show you how they work

Old 11-10-2009, 09:51 PM
butch1581
Captain

then tie them into the headlight switch, or IGN power and wire in a switch just for them. Dome lights would just go off when doors are closed......

Old 11-10-2009, 11:14 PM
BigWillie

Originally Posted by butch1581
then tie them into the headlight switch, or IGN power and wire in a switch just for them. Dome lights would just go off when doors are closed......
When I drove the scion they were pretty bright and after a couple of months got annoying, I only turned them on when I had someone I needed to impress in the passenger seat (they made great mood lighting, if you know what i mean). I thought it'd be cool to have them cut on and off with the dome lights, but then I don't have the option of riding around with them on unless I turn on the dome...

I feel like a woman thinking about it this much lol.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:18 PM
oneHEMI57
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would tap IGN pwr at the cigar lighter, add a toggle in reach to throw them off whenever.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:26 AM
BigWillie

Originally Posted by oneHEMI57
I would tap IGN pwr at the cigar lighter, add a toggle in reach to throw them off whenever.
Looking at the options that's the one i think i've settled on. the other problem that I'm faced with now is running the backseat light wires out of sight. I want to run them under the carpet but that seems time consuming and looks like alot of work.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:33 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its really not that bad to run them under the carpet under each seat theres hold for wires especially on the drivers sidethen you just pop up the trim on the floor and run it under it where it wont get pinched and up under the dash its quicker than u think....

Quick Reply: Floor lights