3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lampout

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 10:10 PM
mrls2gto
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lampout

hey guys new to the dodge forum, but i have a lampout notice blinking on and off at random. non of my lights are out though so im stumped. any ideas will help thanks.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:23 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to my owner's manual the lamp out light comes on if there is a defective bulb or wiring circuit detected in the headlamp system. So maybe start w/ replacing your bulbs if you haven't done that in awhile.

EDIT: After reading a bit more it looks like it could be any of your exterior lights like markers, headlights, turn signals, or brake lights. Have you checked your turn signals and brake lights?

Last edited by chambers; 11-11-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:46 PM
perfectlytuned
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine does the same thing on th freeway when i hit bumps, not often but i do notice it sometimes. Its normally a loose bulb or connection, its kinda a pain in the *** but id check all ur bulbs to make sure there all plugged in. I have found bulbs that literally were burned and had plastic melted over the connectors. when a bulb really goes out, the lamp out light will come on and stay on

Quick Reply: Lampout