3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Another frickin heater core!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 09:01 PM
bigbuckhunter
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another frickin heater core!!!

I replaced my heater core bout a year and a half ago...all was great. I did it my self (I'm ASE certified) so I saved a few bucks... I was on my way home from work the other morning and I started smelling anti freeze. Naturally I thought to myself "now what?' I pulled out my flash light and there it was....a big orange pond of collant on my passenger side floormat. I came home and checked it out and sure enough...heater core! so my question is where can I get a good heater core. I went with the "improved dodge heater core" last time because that was the only place I could find one, and it only got me a year of service. Is there anywhere else I can go and get a good heater core that i dont have to change once a year because of major leaks?
Thanks for any advise or help

Old 11-15-2009, 05:43 PM
primerib

hmm, one would hope the Mopar OEM stuff would last longer. I'm guessing that part is out of warranty now. It seems to early for a failure.

Well then, just get a cheapo Advance Auto Parts "Ready-Aire" or other after market HCore. They're only $50. I've had good luck with one in my Caddy and I'm going to put one in my 03 Ram 1500 tomorrow after I get the A/C discharged.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:07 PM
toxdoc
Veteran
Thumbs up

Go to a custom radiator shop and have a heavy-duty core custom built to your specs out of top grade materials.
Since you have the mechanical skills anyway you'll be dollars ahead and have a lot less frustration.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:31 PM
primerib

well bigbuck, I stand corrected. Like you, I couldn't find another HC for my 02 ram so I bought the dealer HC. couldn't wait around for a custom build. I hope it lasts for a while.

Quick Reply: Another frickin heater core!!!