3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

JC's mod plans

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 12:04 AM
JCinDE
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JC's mod plans

I'm really just starting out at this and I'm a bit ashamed to admit that when I read the lists of mods on the Truck of the Month thread I didn't even know what a lot of them were. I'm guessing they're a lot of mods to suspension, powertrain and the like.

I don't do any off-roading at all, and as far as performance goes, I'm perfectly happy with stock. Most of what occurs to me when I think of mods are cosmetic changes such as the eagle alloys and terra grapplers I already added.

Here's a few things I'd like to do in no particular order.

exhaust system
fender flares
solid rear window
rain guards
window tint
bug shield
upgrade sound system

I'd like to to remove emblems but after 7 years I'm afraid it will leave shadows.

I'm tempted to trim out the truck in Harley Davidson style. I've seen grills, door handles, brake lights, decals, tonneau covers, etc. I don't want to overdo it, of course, but just enough to look good. It'll be my way of raising a middle finger toward whoever decided the Ford F150 should be the truck to get the Harley Davidson special edition treatment. (A Ford? Really? I don't effing think so.)

My other toy (cost almost as much as the truck)

2009 CVO Dyna Fat Bob (Screamin' Eagle)

Old 11-19-2009, 12:48 AM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star

That rim/tire combo looks sick on your truck! As far as your post, Im not sure if you're asking a question, or just shootin the ****..... so I'll drop my .02 for the helluva it.

Exhaust-depends on what you're looking for. Since you're content with your performance, Flowmaster would be good, since they don't add any hp's. They are generally 'loud' though. Many many many different opinions will come out of a exhaust convo. Search before you ask, please, for your sake!

Tint-go as dark as you legally can, IMO. I paid $175 for 5% on the 3 rears, 35% on the fronts, and the windshield banner (5%). Just to give ya something to go by, and this was with lifetime warranty against peeling, fading, etc.

Bug shield-body color or tinted to add to the windows

Flares-meh, your truck, not mine ()

Stereo-A must, many options, 2 10's sound decent in mine, but Im a basshead (not Richard Pryor basshead either, smartass's) theres no such thing as 'enough'

Rain Guards-I can't wait to hear someone chime in on these. IIRC there are different ones that install differently. You want the clip-in kind, not the stick-on. Lemme know if you find some for a good deal, this will be my next 'mod'!!

Rear window-Where are ya? Ill trade you for my solid, already tinted for ya!

Just a couple ideas. If you already knew the rundown, and was just carrying a convo, please excuse me. Good luck with your modding adventures, what you have laid out will subtley (sp) change the look of the truck, while making it fit your needs/style

Old 11-19-2009, 01:35 AM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

The rain guards you want arent clip in, they slide into the window where the window goes up into. I cant remember what they are technically called, but the stick on ones are just crappy imo, I have seen many a vehicle with one of them gone and a bunch of black sticky stuff where it used to be.

I think mine are weathertech, but I cant recall correctly, I will correct if Im wrong tomorrow morning.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:30 AM
JCinDE
Professional

I think they're called "in-channel" rain guards. Or something like that.

4.7Ram5.7Rango: Definitely welcome input. Thanks. I guess I should have phrased it in the form of a question.

I've seen flares that add just a touch of polish to the top of the wheel well, but can't find them now. If I add the polished HD door handles and fuel door, then just a sliver of polish over the wheels I think it might be just enough shiny bits. Then a full size HD perforated decal on the rear window.

I intend to replace the rear sliding window for two reasons. First, the cheap plastic clamp either broke or was broken by someone breaking into my truck. And second, because I think I want this back there:

Last edited by JCinDE; 11-19-2009 at 09:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-19-2009, 01:42 PM
JCinDE
Professional

Has anyone removed emblems after several years? Am I right in being afraid it will leave fading shadows?

Old 11-19-2009, 01:46 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

I removed mine on my 02 only a couple months ago, and my pickup is white and I have no shadow on my truck.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:48 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mines a 04 and black i had no problems just make sure you wax it good where they were and polish it youll be fine...

Old 11-19-2009, 04:11 PM
V10Venom
Captain

03 with 160k on it when I took mine off with no shadowing.

Quick Reply: JC's mod plans