3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Idle and cold temps

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 02:27 PM
AkRam1500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle and cold temps

I've been having some issues with my truck during this cold spell we are having. I park my truck outside at night but do plug in my block heater when it gets below 20. The other morning I went to start my truck, it turned over just fine but wouldn't start until I gave it a little bit of throttle. I had to sit in my truck with my foot on the it until I had to go inside to get ready for work. Went back outside and it started right up and idled just fine.

This happened to me again yesterday at work, it sat outside all day and I didn't start it until it was almost time to go home and it did the same thing. The idle would drop down to abou 300 rpms and barely run. Got it home and shut it down. Went back outside about 10 minutes later and again, it started right up and idled just fine.

I put some Heet (red bottle) in my gas on Tuesday but apparently that didn't seem to be the problem. I also added a K&N CAI to it this past summer but don't see how that could be causing the problem. Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Quick Reply: Idle and cold temps