3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Suspension upgrade question

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 12:35 PM
jkitarogers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension upgrade question

I would like to get some advice on suspension upgrades, they may have been answered in some part but I havent found it specifically.

I have a 2005 QC hemi 4x4, laramie, 3.92's, monroe reflex shocks, 265/70/17 dueler revos, torsion bar suspension in fron and gibson 1 in 2 out exhaust.

First my plan is to add heavy duty front and rear bumpers, I expect the front to weigh about 450 and the rear around 250-300. I want the suspension to be equal to or better than stock with handling and payload ability. Generally I drive on road and some offroad. I plan on adding a 3" lift as well.

What I am looking for is advice on any suspension upgrades that will do this for me along with shocks, springs brakes and lift kits, etc. anything you guys can throw at me. Also I am going to mount a 9000lb winch in the front bumper with alot more lighting.

My friend is a welder and we just drew up designs for the bumpers and we will start in a week or so, I dont know how long it will take yet but with all materials in hand we think about 2 weeks.

BTW anyone know of anywhere to get 1/4" steel around the Clarksville,tn or Nashville area? Even scrap will work for the prototype.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:52 AM
dodge55boerne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was really impressed with Kore suspensions. I put it on my sons 3500 DRW and was impressed with handling and ride. In fact just ordered the next step up for my "04" 3500 DRW. Easy to put in. Ours was just the leveling version My sons the Recon series and mine will be the Chase series. I have looked at others, all priced comparitively for what you get.

Quick Reply: Suspension upgrade question