3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Detail Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 10:40 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detail Tomorrow

Tomorrow I'm having my truck get its winter detail (Maine is good at ruining paint). I'm having a very reputable collision center do it who have treated me very well over the years, hopefully they won't slaughter the paint like Portland Tint did last summer. While it's in there they are also going to put on the final badge I ordered which will be on the tailgate. They are just putting the emblem on the gate that says DODGE. I will post pictures when she's all waxed up and ready to go for the harsh winter.

Here's a picture of my gate now, you can kind of see how it could use some balance on the lower left corner.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:52 PM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good looking truck. i would go complete debadge if i were you.. but i hate chrome so...
i was thinking about getting a complete detail too . the place here will include a 2-day car rental in the price of the full detail.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:08 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he already debadged it once....but your getting it detailed before winter wont that just be a waste? i know what the winters do to cars up there i grew up there....personally id just wait for spring and have hit it hard .... itd look great especially when that sun hits it in the spring....but thats up to you... did it have that many badges when you bought it?

Old 11-23-2009, 12:57 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

I guess a good general rule of thumb is to have it detailed once in spring and once in the fall. I wouldn't want my truck to endure a harsh winter without some type of coat of wax on the paint.

As for the badges, it came with the ram head logo and the 4x4 emblem that said SLT beneath it, but I opted to not put the SLT back on. I've seen a few dodges around town with the triangular effect of emblems and I think it looks really sharp. I tried the debadge look and I just didn't like it. I felt like it made the truck look a lot older than it really was.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:08 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love my debadged look nice and slick but its been annoying lately i have some friends that live in a gated community and that damn gate gaurd asks everytime what kinda truck is this....what an idiot.....but iguess if it hasnt been done in a while it would be best to have a good coat of wax to help protect it it is a pretty damn good looking truck.....just tell em no swirls.....

Old 11-23-2009, 02:21 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Haha yeah I better not see any swirls this time around. And yeah I've gotten that comment a couple of times when I had it debadged. I guess I just kind of grew partial to that off the factory look with the badges. When I was looking at 2009s I would look over at my truck in the parking lot and it just seemed empty to me for some reason. Since I've put the badges back on, I feel like it just pops more for me. I think your truck looks better debadged because the chrome bumpers offset the wheels nicely. The all black with 20" chrome wheels didn't look good to me at all.

Quick Reply: Detail Tomorrow