3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

which lift kit? 6"?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 11:38 AM
EASTTEXASDODGE08
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which lift kit? 6"?

i found these on ebay and was wondering if they include everything that i need, and which one i should get here are the links.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUSPE...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-06-...Q5fAccessories

Old 11-23-2009, 11:48 AM
EASTTEXASDODGE08
Professional
Old 11-24-2009, 04:05 AM
RAMSLuT

The first one doesnt look like it comes with shocks. But the pro comp and the fabtech lifts both are complete kits, with shocks and everything. Id go with either the Fabtech, which i have on mine or the Pro comp lift, both are good quality.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:56 AM
motorhead426
All Star

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion so take mine for what its worth, because I've been looking for a lift kit for my 2005, 1500, 4x4...

Body lifts should only be used if you've maxed out on a suspension lift (so you could get more than 6"). Pro Comp is not the greatest ride, and others use blocks. I personally am going to stay far away from using blocks. Now, the Fabtech looks like it uses add-a-leafs, but how is it getting the additional 3"? Are they using a block with the add-a-leafs? I have add-a-leafs on my truck now and it rides pretty good, I just don't like the block idea.

Personally I'm leaning towards the Skyjacker kit, because they use a brand new spring pack for the rear without blocks. I know this is probably the most expensive 6" lift out there, but it's the only one that would make me feel that it was done right. I've riden in a lot of lifted vehicles and the ride quality varies on all the different types and brands. Don't scimp on this or you might regret it. Good luck!

Old 11-24-2009, 09:05 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by motorhead426
I personally am going to stay far away from using blocks. I have add-a-leafs on my truck now and it rides pretty good, I just don't like the block idea.

If you swapped your add-a-leafs for blocks, i think you would never go back. the ride quality is drastically diff.
add-a-leafs= 2500/3500 ride
blocks = stock ride.
Since you have a 2500 already, you do have more weight to cushion the stiffness of the add-a-leafs, but it's still a rougher ride.

Not sure why everyone is so worried about blocks? just throw a couple of beads of weld on them and they will never move or go anywhere.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:05 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I didn't even look at your links, but you should be aware that Fabtech/Superlift is in bankruptcy. Now this doesn't mean you should not look at either one. I don't have any personal experience with the Superlift, but the Fabtech has long been considered one of the better "bargain" kits.
I do know that I have a friend with a 4x4 shop in north Georgia and he can't get any parts for either.
Just something to consider.

Best one I ever installed (or helped install, rather) was the Skyjacker. Came with replacement leafs and shocks. Was damn near twice the money of a Fabtech though...

Old 11-24-2009, 02:58 PM
CreativeOffroad
Captain

The Zone kit is a cheaper version of the BDS, ProComp's not a bad kit at all, Fabtech's good, but as Hammer said, replacement parts might be a bit of a hassle to get if anything should happen, and the last kit is a Leveling+Body-Lift combo, which is a common set-up.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Freakinkeith806
All Star

If you wanna spend that money, I say go ahead and get it straight from the dealer.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:35 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im with hammer on the fabtechs "bargain" kit.. I havent heard anything good from any of the 4x4 guys up here about fabtech.. Id go with the pro comp kit of those 4, but skyjacker is by far the best in my mind. By buddy has one on his 2ng gen and I loved the way it looked/rode!! As for the great block debate.. its all up to your personal preferance.. For me im going add a leaf.. I cant stand the cushiony suspension these trucks have.. It drives me nuts cruising down the highway and it feels like in going over waves in the ocean in my boat.. That is deffinitely one thing on my short lift of dislikes..

Old 11-24-2009, 08:54 PM
EASTTEXASDODGE08
Professional

ok good deal. well i like the look of the front end up a little higher than the back. how would i do this adding a block. but i only want it like and in or in and a half higher. so what would i do. and i deff am taking everything into consideration what yall have said. i just dont wanna spend the money on a skyjacker lift. im strugglin round these parts. ha

Quick Reply: which lift kit? 6"?