3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HELP! interior LEDs

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 11:44 PM
vguaman87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the 2 over head map lights and the center dome light are all three the same bulbs...the 578 BULB...i dont think it has a interior bulb out monitor.... i bought a few 1/8 watt resistors today but i had no idea what OHM to get so i got the 470 OHM. the lights seem to work fine. i put one resistor in the center dome light. i just put one end on the pos and one end of the neg of the bulb. it looks rigged i kinda dont like the way it looks. but whos gonna see it behind the plastic cover right? they seemed to all be working fine. till i tried to turn on the center dome light by itself and the 2 map lights flickered a tiny bit...so i put another resistor in just ONE of the map lights and now they all seem to be working fine....this cant hurt my truck in any way can it? the electrical system or anything??

Old 11-30-2009, 11:59 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe your horn will start blaring in the middle of the night and won't stop. Then you'll know you screwed something up

Old 12-01-2009, 07:23 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeHemi
maybe your horn will start blaring in the middle of the night and won't stop. Then you'll know you screwed something up

HA HA HA.....now that was a good one.

Quick Reply: HELP! interior LEDs