3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Challenger OR Charger

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 05:23 AM
Deviate
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I vote challenger. It's more of what a muscle car should look like and it made up for the charger having 4 doors. That's not quite as bad as Chevy bringing back the Nova as a compact car or the same for the Plymouth Duster in the 80's...what an embarrassment! But I was really let down when I first saw that the chargers would have 4 doors.

The only complaint I have about the challenger is that the rear end looks a little plain. Aside from that I would buy one if I had money and wanted a car.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:36 AM
Beastro
Veteran

well i live in maine so winters suck! i know you can get the charger in all wheel drive. in 1 post some 1 said the price for the challenger insnt worth it i agree need more mods to the car for that price tag. so if you guys think about about it a 6.1L all wheel drive charger would be sick. I WOULDN'T BUY A IF FORDIF MY LIFE DEPENDED ON IT IF I WAS GIVEN A FOR I WOULD SELL IT AS FAST AS I GOT IT!!!!! my opinion ford blows donky dick every guy and females i know who hav ownd a ford will never buy 1 agine. But any way i know a guy who took the enigine and tranny out of an 04 ram 1500 5.7l and droped it in to a 98 jeep wrangler talk about nast the thing does wheelys! thanks all the post. test driving them both was really fun to

Old 12-10-2009, 06:38 AM
Beastro
Veteran

yeah see thats why i posted this the charger looks so mean but 4 doors really what were they thinking!

Old 12-10-2009, 07:25 AM
LinerJoe
Veteran

It looks like I'm the odd one out here. I do not like the looks of the Charger. It has grown on me (since I see them all of the time -- and around here, I see more Charger's than Mustangs, especially since the police are using them now), but I'm still not the biggest fan.

The Challenger, on the other hand, makes me want one every time I see one. It is a beautiful car. I have never sat in one or driven one, so my opinion is only skin deep. I figure if I drive one I will end up with one. And that would mean getting rid of the truck.... nor is it terribly practical for a family of 4.

joe

Old 12-10-2009, 07:41 AM
WWJD
Veteran

If I were you....I would find a second hand charger with low miles with all the bells and whistles. That way you get the most bang for the buck and don't have to get hit with the depreciation.

Take that money you saved and put it into the suspension so you can get some good handling out of the four door. And if there is any money left, do every single bit of maintenance. Then, hit the road tires smoking!

Old 12-10-2009, 09:13 AM
JCinDE
Professional

"and" is better than "or"

Old 12-10-2009, 09:39 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

I never ever thought I would say this, but I'd get the ford. Ford is so far ahead in their design and manufacturing right now (compared to gm and chrysler) that it makes me cringe to think about it. I like the challenger the best out of all of them (looks and nostalgia wise) but if it was my wallet on the bar, it would go to the mustang. light weight, plenty of power, looks pretty good, and the quality is going to womp dodge.

GM would come in second, so the camaro would be next in line for me, even the v6 has a lot of punch. then the challenger, then the overweight, overrated and overstated sad excuse for a muscle car charger if I HAD to get a muscle car.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:20 AM
V_Scapes
Record Breaker

someone that lives down by my school has a white challenger R/T with black R/T logos and stripes with chrome 20's. very sharp looking car.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Gdschaf

Originally Posted by JCinDE
"and" is better than "or"
haha well put

I vote charger, it looks so much more BA

Old 12-10-2009, 12:02 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Deviate
I vote challenger. It's more of what a muscle car should look like and it made up for the charger having 4 doors. That's not quite as bad as Chevy bringing back the Nova as a compact car or the same for the Plymouth Duster in the 80's...what an embarrassment! But I was really let down when I first saw that the chargers would have 4 doors.

The only complaint I have about the challenger is that the rear end looks a little plain. Aside from that I would buy one if I had money and wanted a car.
Challenger's rear pretty much looks like an original 70 Chally's rear (minus the chrome bumper).
Originally Posted by Beastro
well i live in maine so winters suck! i know you can get the charger in all wheel drive. in 1 post some 1 said the price for the challenger insnt worth it i agree need more mods to the car for that price tag. so if you guys think about about it a 6.1L all wheel drive charger would be sick. I WOULDN'T BUY A IF FORDIF MY LIFE DEPENDED ON IT IF I WAS GIVEN A FOR I WOULD SELL IT AS FAST AS I GOT IT!!!!! my opinion ford blows donky dick every guy and females i know who hav ownd a ford will never buy 1 agine. But any way i know a guy who took the enigine and tranny out of an 04 ram 1500 5.7l and droped it in to a 98 jeep wrangler talk about nast the thing does wheelys! thanks all the post. test driving them both was really fun to
Too bad you can't get a 6.1 AWD (unless you do it yourself or buy the GC).

Last edited by HemiLonestar; 12-10-2009 at 12:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Challenger OR Charger