3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Xmas Torque Converter

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 04:04 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by truckin151
Absolutely not true. You will still be able to drive around with absolutely no problems. Mine is set to 2700 but I start moving well before that and I drive stop and go traffic everyday. There is an internal clutch inside the converter that will make it lock up under light driving conditions.

For the OP you need to call the manufacturer and get tell them your mods and future mods so they can get the right stall and hp rating for you. I would not go over a 2800 stall though unless you are doing some serious power adders.
yeah, you are right, i just dont know how to say what im thinking in my head. but usually racing converters are set to a crazy high stall speed right?

Old 12-12-2009, 05:38 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just looked at the "racing" converter from Edge and it sounds more like the converter I have in mine now from APS (Stall numbers, power ratings, parts used, overall gains). The Street version seems more like a stock replacement with a little higher stall, as for power/performance it does not give any numbers for gains which leaves me to believe it will probably be better than stock but not a huge improvement over stock.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:14 AM
RamIt33
Professional

Cool guys thanks for the comments... Truckin you said your TQ improved your performance alot right... I am wondering maybe i should go with TQ that you have if its already proven that it produces more power.. Instead of the TQ that Airram.com offers....

Old 12-13-2009, 06:03 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

edge makes great converters and are cheaper than the aps converter, I just don't think i'd go with the MILD street one. As for gains APS guaranties a 25-30rwhp gain min.

Quick Reply: Xmas Torque Converter