3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lookin for New Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 01:02 AM
sad_drake
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin for New Upgrades

Hey guys love all the trucks out there i am trying so hard to find some upgrades and not havin the best of luck. im lookin for a hood, brakes, and grill. if anyone has any ideas or can give me some places to check out i would greatly appreciate it

Old 12-18-2009, 01:29 AM
moosefire66
Veteran

what exactly do you want to change with your brakes?? Typically, the whole, 6 piston caliper, with ceramic pads, and drilled and slotted rotors, will not only cost a F ton, but it really isnt worth the money. You will stop slightly better, and I do mean slightly, but not in comparison to the dough that you would shell out to achieve it. Just my $.02

Old 12-18-2009, 01:36 AM
sad_drake
Rookie

I'm liking the SSBC brakes that i can get through a friend for $500, but i want some good breaks i would even be fine with really good pads and a caliper paint kit and some slotted rotors

Old 12-18-2009, 07:19 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

You can use any engine high temp paint. Ceramic pads are a must IMO. The only hoods I like are the SRT hood, the high rise SRT and the Venom hood. Grills have be found lots of places.

What preformance mods have you considered?

Old 12-18-2009, 02:56 PM
sad_drake
Rookie

high rise and venom hoods? dont kno those - im just tryin to decide between painted or not

i got wagner thermoquiet brakes and i dont like them much lookin into performance friction - i work at O'Reillys and can get them there

I have a K&N CAI, Edge Evolution Dash mounted programmer, and exhaust dunno what performace mods to do without breakin the bank tho

Quick Reply: Lookin for New Upgrades