3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

hid bi-xenon

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 08:43 AM
tk04hemi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hid bi-xenon

from my understanding, everyone who orders the bixenon hids has an issue where they can only work their high beams and not their lows. if that is correct then this post is worth something, but if not then its worthless. i installed my "bixenon" hids and they worked instantly. no issues except a stupid flicker sometimes but then it turns on. currently i have no hi heam and the light out is on. this package came with a fused relay which hidexctra told me would clear the light out code and enable the high beam. this harness conects to + and - on battery, replaces the male plugs in the ballasts, then has one female end which is for the driver's side male plug if that makes sense. now i hooked this thing up and the lows just blink obnoxiously and there is still no high and the light out code is on. i have it hooked back up normally but has anyone encountered this problem? my only guess is that they didnt send me a bixenon setup or i need some resistors. thanks in advance and i apologize if this is stupid and im repeating all these hid threads in a different context or whatever

Old 12-22-2009, 10:26 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

The one thing about HIDextra that ive noticed is they only use simple SPDT relays and dont have relays for bixenon kits.

This is the true relay you need and the one I have with my Bixenon kit and I have no issues with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Old 12-22-2009, 11:48 AM
tk04hemi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks alot man thats great so ill get that and a couple of those resistors and be good to go. i got leds for my whole truck anyway so ima need a whole bunch of these stupid resistors

Old 12-22-2009, 02:33 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Cool. Let us know how it works out for you

Quick Reply: hid bi-xenon