3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

hella of a question

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 02:17 AM
Kamel87
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hella of a question

haha get it its a question about hellas. ok ok im sorry cheesy as hell. on a serious note i just bought a set of hella 500 of ebay for 50 bucks ive been looking for almost 2 months to get a good price. ive read on a couple posts that i need to run a relay others say i can run them off the battery. other posts say i should upgrade the wire and bulbs. i just want them to be very bright so im wondering if i can buy a set of hids for them?

also what is your guys opinion should i wire them to the highs or run a switch. i have hids with no high beam so i thought my hella would be the high beams but i also want to run them whenever i want. so can i do both?

Old 01-07-2010, 02:43 AM
AWE Daniel
Veteran

You definitely want to run a relay for the lights. The way I did mine is pretty much what most people on here do. Your power for the relay is from your battery, find a good ground (I grounded each of my lights close on the front cross member and the relay is grounded close to the fusebox), the 12V trigger for the relay is coming from the positive wire from the cig lighter, which then goes to the relay, and the led for the switch is grounded at the cig lighter also. It sounds more complicated than it is. This way I can turn on the lights whenever I want, and if I take the key out they turn off b/c the cig lighter is on only with the key. If you want the lights to come on with the high beams, then run the 12V trigger to the high beam power wire on the headlight harness, and then you dont need a switch.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:47 AM
AWE Daniel
Veteran

I just found this using the search, everything you need to know
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...-properly.html

Quick Reply: hella of a question