3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Black Rims?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010 | 08:31 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by 05DodgeRamHemi
Awesome, thank you for the brand names, I will look into them all. I've seen a lot of black rims goes wrong, especially a lot of the black on black combos lol. I don't want to be the guy with a black truck that looks dumpy because he picked the wrong rim.
Do you have one choice that you are liking more than the rest at this point?

Old 01-10-2010 | 08:35 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

Quite frankly I really don't. Everytime I ask for somebody's opinion they either say they look like they should be on a car or that its too off-road lol. So I'm kinda confused which style I should go with. To me, I look at my truck as kind of a sporty muscle truck, so I thought a nice sports car kinda rim would look nice, but then again I don't want it to look "ricery".

Old 01-10-2010 | 08:40 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

if you look at it as a sport muscle truck. you were right on the money with your first choice. seriously. the majority of after market muscle car wheels are 5 spoke with a lip. 6 spokes are for suvs/trucks. and all the offroad wheels, well we all know that one. so i think your answering your own question. just remember its your truck

Old 01-10-2010 | 08:43 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Quite frankly I really don't. Everytime I ask for somebody's opinion they either say they look like they should be on a car or that its too off-road lol. So I'm kinda confused which style I should go with. To me, I look at my truck as kind of a sporty muscle truck, so I thought a nice sports car kinda rim would look nice, but then again I don't want it to look "ricery".
You have to go with what you like, you are the one who is going to have to drive the truck with the new rims on it.

Old 01-10-2010 | 08:48 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

As much as I'd like to convince myself that it's my truck and should do whatever I'd like to do it, I don't want to spent $700+ on rims that most truck guys think look stupid lol. I'm in hopes that whatever wheel I choose will be likeable within the majority and not to a small section of the crowd. Isn't that what modding your vehicle is all about, getting all the good looks?

Old 01-10-2010 | 08:52 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

As much as I'd like to convince myself that it's my truck and should do whatever I'd like to do it, I don't want to spent $700+ on rims that most truck guys think look stupid lol. I'm in hopes that whatever wheel I choose will be likeable within the majority and not to a small section of the crowd. Isn't that what modding your vehicle is all about, getting all the good looks?
I have to disagree with you there. Modding my truck isn't about getting the good looks, it is about making it the way that I like it. There are plenty of people who don't like things I do with my truck and they are entitled to their opinions but I certainly don't base my decisions on what others think. It is your truck, if you like it then you will be happy when you drive it. That is what I think it is all about.

Old 01-10-2010 | 09:07 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

I do agree with you, because for the most part, I generally do whatever it is that I want to the truck that makes me happy when I'm driivng it. The wheels are one of those things that can make or break my truck in my opinion, it's really going to be the only splashy thing on the truck that could turn somebody onto or off of the truck depenidng on which one I pick. Since all of you guys are truck fanatics, I want to get the best insight from different wheel options people would be choosing if they had my specific truck.

Old 01-10-2010 | 09:55 PM
Blk05HEMI
Veteran

I think your truck would look really nice with some black rims on it.

The Boss Rims would look really nice check out the 330, 332 , or the 339's those would be on my top 5 for sure!

ZW

Old 01-10-2010 | 10:02 PM
lb79theone
Record Breaker
From: Maine! ( GET A HOLD OF ME IF YOU WANT TO GET ME ON FACEBOOK.COM, AND CARDOMAIN.COM)

What ever you choose Joe it will look mint, .. to me.

Old 01-11-2010 | 11:12 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

I really like the look of that Boss 330 with the 6 spokes. I know I will have plently of time to decide which rim I want or if I am even going to do because I don't get my returns till about March.

Quick Reply: Black Rims?