3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I got flashed twice last night!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 07:46 PM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't gotten flashed, yet, and I hope I dont. I have actually aimed my lights so far down, its almost defeating the purpose of having the brighter lights. I just don't want to be that assshole. I'm so freakin paranoid about it. I even stop several feet behind smaller cars at stoplights because I know Im blinding them in the review (I had a girl 'flip' the mirror, I felt terrible).

Plus hearing several of DD's rants on the HID/Halogen housing has got me even more paranoid.

+1 on the blinding people, on purpose, and then poking your chest out about it, not cool. Flick the HB's real quick to let'em know, thats all.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:51 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man i thought this was gonna be about *******...mmm puppies....nice ones....o wait back on topic ....i get flashed quite a bit big ol jugs and well by on coming drivers i have stock or w/e the previous owner had in there and mine are adjusted fine....i dont understand it either and i also dont like the ppl who have hids and dont adjust them either cause it blinds the shiz outta me....

Old 01-09-2010, 11:27 PM
96Ram-VMB

Well I guess I am sure glad you guys don't experience what I get. My lights are the lights that came in the truck aimed like they were from the factory.. I will be going down the road and people will see me coming and turn their high beams on... I hold back the lever and let them know they are not my highs beams then they turn their lows back on.. You all seem to take that as blinding them intentionally... I don't even see what I said that makes you think I am trying to blind them and puff out my chest, I am just letting the other operator know its not my high beams.. I suppose the better solution is just to turn my high beams on till they get the point as you all seem to indicate i am saying.

Last edited by 96Ram-VMB; 01-09-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:55 AM
4matty3
Captain

yeah i think people just like to bitch and are old. the extra brightness of hids or any extra light helps people see deer and other objects on the road. as long as your safe, forget everybody else

Old 01-10-2010, 03:55 AM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 4matty3
as long as your safe, forget everybody else

Old 01-10-2010, 09:05 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Originally Posted by 4matty3
yeah i think people just like to bitch and are old. the extra brightness of hids or any extra light helps people see deer and other objects on the road. as long as your safe, forget everybody else
You wait you young wimpersnapper! When you get old I'm going to walk on your lawn.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:19 AM
matthewbeard
Veteran

Originally Posted by rubberfrog
you wait you young wimpersnapper! When you get old i'm going to walk on your lawn.
lmao :d

Old 01-10-2010, 11:55 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

just make sure you shake ya fist high in the air....while screaming in a hoarse voice get off my lawwwwwn.....

Old 01-10-2010, 12:20 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
You wait you young wimpersnapper! When you get old I'm going to walk on your lawn.

That's hilarious.

Originally Posted by 96Ram-VMB
I hold back the lever and let them know they are not my highs beams then they turn their lows back on.. You all seem to take that as blinding them intentionally.
That's not what eveyone is complaining about. You are fine by Briefly letting them know they aren't your highs by pulling the lever back.
What everyone is moaning about is the fact that guys who have HID bulbs in the OEM housings(which tend to blind and the reason they get flashed in the first place) Know what's going on and instead of just letting the car pass, they get irritable and feel the need to go showing off trying to prove they aren't high beams although they are much brighter than high beams.
Halgen 55w bulb puts out 1100-1700 Lumens depending on the socket style
HID bulbs put out 2800-3400 Lumens depepnding on the manucfcaturer, so they are twice as bright as halogens without any help of proper projectors to aim the light efficiently and to get rid of scatter.

Sorry to others if i sound like a broken record. Just trying to edjucate everyone possible as some may not even realize what they are doing

Old 01-10-2010, 12:31 PM
freestyledude
Captain

Originally Posted by PETE_YK
Kinda of topic...i heard something on the news waaaaaay more sickening than guys runnin high beams 24/7...

Apparently a few weeks ago in Calgary, Alberta there was a group of people driving around at night with their lights OFF and then preceded to chase and gun down those that honked or flashed them... just sick!!!
Yup, nearly soiled myself when i heard that.
That was on the news?? I've heard a couple chain letters like that never heard of it actually happening!

And turn off your fog lights unless there's fog!! Damn thats irritating when you have twice the light power blarin at you all night on a long drive

Quick Reply: I got flashed twice last night!!!