3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

help me with my system!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 10:38 AM
OklaHemi
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anything worth doing is worth doing right, the first time. its not really hard there are plenty of write up and guys who will help you along the way

Old 01-15-2010, 11:14 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SirDanglesAlot
alright alright im not exactly a pro on hooking all this up so thanks for the advice guys....i know this is going to be waaay more complicated than the previous system i hooked up.

Not complicated at all especially if your keeping your stock HU. The 3sixty.1 is meant for stock HU and transfers and cleans up the signal. Actually, I will be purchasing the 3sixty.2 as soon as I can come up with the cash as they make a world of difference. More than any aftermarket HU eq settings could ever dream of offering, plus the RF modules are meant to be very easy to use.
LOOK

It provides high level anaolg inputs and produces RCA outputs with a Digital signal, boosted 5v pre-output (stock HU output is whack for amplifiers)excuse my 80's lingo...lol
Basically you would need to cut your factory harness. Take those speaker wires and plug them into the 3sixty unit. Then, the other side of the cut wires that go out to the speakers, you would need to connect speaker wire to them and run them to your amplifiers. if you unbolt the front of the drivers seat and loosen the back bolts and loosen the front pass bolts you can have room to lift up the carpet(must pull off the driverside molding) You can route the speaker wires direct shot under the carpet to go to the back wall or under the seats to your amps.
You can mount the 3sixty unit under the cup holders(lower plastic molding piece only clips on and that's where i hide my linedriver) You will need to run RCA's under the carpet in that case as well. I have both RCA's and speaker wire going under the carpet and no you cannot see a huge hump or tell that they are even there. i just have them spread out flat and not bulked up in one spot. i don't like routing the cables under the side trim as they tend to get pinched and there are power wires that will interfere with the signal as well.

Sound quality...night and day off the factory HU. Aftermarket HU's, not as much a difference, but the spectrum of sound indeed is much fuller and crisper. Aftermarket HU's would benefit more from the 3sixty.2 as would the stock HU guys, but that unit costs a pretty penny.

basically the RF unit is a line driver, signal cleaner(with noie cancellation), analog-digital converter AND provides RCA outputs that are not inferior designed compared to the Walmart or radioshack converters. Your stereo is only as good as it's weakest link. If you put in a line converter that has an ungodly amount of floor noise, your amplifiers will only make that sound worse since they do what they do best...Amplify!

Originally Posted by OklaHemi
listen to dirtydog he is tha man

Last edited by dirtydog; 01-15-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:36 AM
OklaHemi
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ told you

Quick Reply: help me with my system!