3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Alarm issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 08:20 PM
wyseguy77
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm issues

Okay I've tried looking to no result so I ask for your help. I do not have a factory alarm it is a Karr (came with the truck when I bought it used). Now when I push the Arm button it arms but does not lock the doors, when I hit the Disarm button it disarms the alarm but sometimes unlocks the doors. The lock switch in my truck works fine though. I know nothing about alarms but am confident in my hands on skills. Is this something I can fix? Where do I start? Please give me a push in the right direction. Thanks.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:49 PM
canadian wheeler
Amateur

try changing the batteries in the remote. When the batteries get low it can mess with the alarm. If that dont work search around the net for the owners manual.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:12 PM
wyseguy77
Captain

I'm going to get some new batteries tomorrow. As for owners manual I have no idea what model it is and dont know where to look for it.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:32 PM
southernbnb
Captain

i had to crawl underneath the dash and find the control box for my clifford alarm. the model number should be on there somewhere. once you find that you should be able to go to the manufacturers web site and download the owners manual. you also may be able to find a customer service number on thier website that you can call for help.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Unperfected
Professional

it wont be your batteries cause it is arming and disarming... look under the dash u should have 2 relays one for locking and unlocking they could be messed but i bet the locking issue is a programming. It prob was not programed to lock when arming it.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:56 PM
wyseguy77
Captain

I'll give it a shot thanks. Something tells me I'm just gonna end up gettin a new Clifford or Viper. What would you say is a good keyless entry alarm system?

Old 01-19-2010, 05:04 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Clifford is good about refusing to talk to you unless you are an authorized dealer and installer. They do not have thier manuals on thier public site but usually can be found around on the net in the right places.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Unperfected
Professional

i run viper in all my vehicles never had a prob..... also u get the manuals with the kit.

Quick Reply: Alarm issues